Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I watch Josh Allen play almost every week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watch Josh Allen play almost every week.

Every game they always have a discussion about how hard Allen worked on his mechanics over the summer.

I never thought Allen would amount to much. Most folks in Buffalo never did either. He had the great arm, no doubt, but he was very unpolished.

Nobody saw this coming.

How about this? How about Wentz dedicate his off season to correcting all of his mechanical flaws the way Allen did? I mean single-mindedly the way Allen has.

No matter where he ends up, he will be better for it.

Maybe it will help him to fight for his job in Philadelphia, if that's what he wants.

Come on man. I'm sure his 'mechanics' improved dramatically once they brought in Diggs (The NFL's leader in yards). Let's not understate the value of having three quality wide receivers. This is not a coincidence. Beane understands the best way to improve your quarterback is to surround him with guys who can actually get separation and catch the ball.
    Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-20-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
      Come on man. I'm sure his 'mechanics' improved dramatically once they brought in Diggs (The NFL's leader in yards). Let's not understate the value of having three quality wide receivers. This is not a coincidence. Beane understands the best way to improve your quarterback is to surround him with guys who can actually get separation and catch the ball.
      You are fucking stupid. Allen was a 58% passer last year. Today he’s at 70%. Yeah it’s all his receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        Every game they always have a discussion about how hard Allen worked on his mechanics over the summer.

I never thought Allen would amount to much. Most folks in Buffalo never did either. He had the great arm, no doubt, but he was very unpolished.

Nobody saw this coming.

How about this? How about Wentz dedicate his off season to correcting all of his mechanical flaws the way Allen did? I mean single-mindedly the way Allen has.

No matter where he ends up, he will be better for it.

Maybe it will help him to fight for his job in Philadelphia, if that's what he wants.
        Well, he likely just single handedly destroyed my fantasy football team and cost me a bunch of money so there's that. Kind of reminds me of Wentz in '17.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

It's funny that you're posting this.

After the Eagles Saints game, the Bills played Pittsburg on Sunday night.

Due to the vitriol between the pro and con Wentz camps, I decided to avoid stoking the flames and refrained from posting what the commentators were saying.

What that was is that Allen was one of the most inaccurate passers in the league last year and the combo of fixing his mechanics and the organization getting him receivers (emphasizing Diggs), has turned him into a way better player.

I was going to use this to reassert that, based on the talent Wentz has exhibited for 3 years, there is a sufficient basis to believe he has a fixable problem ... and the connected idea that it's silly to bail on him at this stage, even if he does turn out to be Drew Bledsoe.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

You are fucking stupid. Allen was a 58% passer last year. Today he’s at 70%. Yeah it’s all his receivers.
            Nope. I'm right. Just like McNabb's 'mechanics' improved with TO. His completion percentage went up 7% (career high 64%) in 2004. It's really just common sense. If you get better receivers, the number goes up. We get you dislike Wentz but you're talking out your ass right now.

Comment

I’m with you RSE, Allen has become a lot more polished, his numbers have been helped with Diggs but Diggs is also experiencing a career year. The two are feeding off each other.

Allen has also displayed improved game awareness and not forcing things. It would appear the game has slowed down for him. I’m happy for the Buffalo followers.

if Wentz could follow that example instead of making comments that he saw no benefit from QB changes then Philly is not the place for him.

Perhaps Dougie and Wentz can leave together.
              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

If 5 had hit Hank Baskett in stride on the crossing pattern in the '08 Championship game maybe the Birds go to that Super Bowl too. Having TO on that worm burner wouldn't have made a difference.

The WR and OL situation is all on Howie, as is the anchor contract in place with Wentz, but 11 is missing the garden gnomes that are open out there and Jerry Rice couldn't catch some of the behind or air-mailed passes he's made this year. He is not THE problem but he's playing his part in this mess. I think this team in its current version is toast and like the time between SBs 39 and 52, it could be a long time before they're back.

Comment

Originally posted by nor'easter View Post
                  If 5 had hit Hank Baskett in stride on the crossing pattern in the '08 Championship game maybe the Birds go to that Super Bowl too. Having TO on that worm burner wouldn't have made a difference.

The WR and OL situation is all on Howie, as is the anchor contract in place with Wentz, but 11 is missing the garden gnomes that are open out there and Jerry Rice couldn't catch some of the behind or air-mailed passes he's made this year. He is not THE problem but he's playing his part in this mess. I think this team in its current version is toast and like the time between SBs 39 and 52, it could be a long time before they're back.
                  Agreed, this is multifaceted problem, which sadly, is worse. It will take a lot longer to turn this around....crap cap situation, weak existing talent pool, sad talent evaluation, and boneheaded coaching.

1-3 years of rebuilding coming up could make visiting The Coop a tough place for fans.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                    I’m with you RSE, Allen has become a lot more polished, his numbers have been helped with Diggs but Diggs is also experiencing a career year. The two are feeding off each other.

Allen has also displayed improved game awareness and not forcing things. It would appear the game has slowed down for him. I’m happy for the Buffalo followers.

if Wentz could follow that example instead of making comments that he saw no benefit from QB changes then Philly is not the place for him.

Perhaps Dougie and Wentz can leave together.
                    What the fuck is up with this?

Why is a 12-game stretch being used to define this guy?
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Allen and Wentz are similar in that they have undeniable talent - individual drive, good coaching, and a supporting cast can lead to great things.

Seeing Josh Allen this year gives me hope that Wentz can be fixed, but some of that responsibility will fall on him.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Who Wentz or Allen?

Comment

Allen is way better than I thought he'd be. He barely even looked like an NFL QB last season, so I don't think his improvement is just because the Bills brought in Diggs. But he's in a great situation. I won't say Wentz would do *as* well as Allen (who is having an MVP-type season) with that roster, but he would do very well and the Bills would still be one of the better teams in the AFC.
                          Last edited by art vandelay; 12-20-2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            Allen is way better than I thought he'd be. He barely even looked like an NFL QB last season, so I don't think his improvement is just because the Bills brought in Diggs. But he's in a great situation. I won't say Wentz would do *as* well as Allen (who is having an MVP-type season) with that roster, but he would do very well and the Bills would still be one of the better teams in the AFC.
                            Allen showed improvement through out last year and moments of “this guy is for real”, they are building things nicely for him and he has responded appropriately.

I’m guessing they saw the end coming for NE and decided to get their shit together and attempt to become relevant again.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

BECAUSE THIS IS PHILLY, AND PHANS ARE QUICK TO THROW ANYONE UNDER THE BUS.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X