I believe that Dallass sucking is good for the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe that Dallass sucking is good for the league

Schefter's latest details that Goodell's extension is seemingly going to get done regardless of what Jerruh is trying to do (see below). I cannot stand Goodell, as he has lined his and he owners' pockets on the players' backs (and knees, shoulders, brains).

That being said, having Jerruh slapped down a few pegs, starting with his team sucking, seems like one way to drive the conversation back to where it really needs to be for future bargaining discussions. I'd like to see more focus on:

- increased player safety (including real talk about CTE)
    - cut out the bullshit "wear pink for cancer awareness so we can sell shit" and "support our troops because the military is paying us" campaigns
    - making the game more watchable by shifting focus from officials, announcers, and commercials to the game itself. More consistent officiating is a great start.

Getting beyond this Jerruh-Rog war is a start. And Dallass sucking also makes me happy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...meeting-dallas

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Schefter's latest details that Goodell's extension is seemingly going to get done regardless of what Jerruh is trying to do (see below). I cannot stand Goodell, as he has lined his and he owners' pockets on the players' backs (and knees, shoulders, brains).

That being said, having Jerruh slapped down a few pegs, starting with his team sucking, seems like one way to drive the conversation back to where it really needs to be for future bargaining discussions. I'd like to see more focus on:

- increased player safety (including real talk about CTE)
    - cut out the bullshit "wear pink for cancer awareness so we can sell shit" and "support our troops because the military is paying us" campaigns
    - making the game more watchable by shifting focus from officials, announcers, and commercials to the game itself. More consistent officiating is a great start.

Getting beyond this Jerruh-Rog war is a start. And Dallass sucking also makes me happy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...meeting-dallas
    I hate the cancer stuff. I have no issue with charitable contributions, and I'm not the least bit insensitive to the cause -- I've lost three family members to it in the last seven years -- but the last thing I want during my football watching down-time is to be bombarded with cancer talk. I'm there for a temporary escape from things like death and disease (and politics), and to be entertained. STFU already and stop trying to convince the world you're a philanthropic non-profit organization... you're not fooling anyone anyway.

Comment

Well.......yes and no

I have no problem with the players wearing pink stuff. In fact, I kind of like it.

But, I agree about the cancer talk. Just don’t need it. Ditto for all this rah rah support the troops bullshit. Of course I sort the troops, as I believe just about everyone does. I’m sick of all these please donate to them. This fucking government gives an obscene amount of money to the military. Let’s make a few less planes and tanks and bring the VA up to a high standard.

Oh, and FUCK DULLASS!
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

THE CANCER AWARENESS IS ONE WEEKEND A YEAR RIGHT, AS WITH THE MILITARY SALUTE?

I HAVE ZERO PROBLEMS WITH IT. IN FACT I ENCOURAGE IT.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

They are month-long

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
          THE CANCER AWARENESS IS ONE WEEKEND A YEAR RIGHT, AS WITH THE MILITARY SALUTE?

I HAVE ZERO PROBLEMS WITH IT. IN FACT I ENCOURAGE IT.
          Cancer awareness (not simply breast cancer only now) is the entire month of October. The back line of each end zone had a rainbow of colors on either side of the “Crucial Catch” and “Salute to Service” has been all November. In particular, the Salute to Service is a money grab. There is a shit ton of merchandise around it.

So it’s much more than one weekend a year...
          Last edited by Pete; 11-19-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

OK. SHOWS YA HOW MUCH IT WORKS. I GUESS IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME THAT MUCH SINCE I DIDN'T REMEMBER ALL THAT.
            SOMETIMES TO MUCH OF ANYTHING YA SEEM TO IGNORE.

YEA MONTH LONG TO MUCH I GUESS.

EDIT: THEY DON'T FORCE ANYONE TO PURCHASE ANY MERCH, NO ISSUES SELLING STUFF WITH ME.

QUESTION IS, DOES CANCER AWARENESS GET A CHUNK OF THAT INCOME? IF SO, SELL IT BABY.
            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-19-2017, 04:06 PM.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Here’s something

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
              OK. SHOWS YA HOW MUCH IT WORKS. I GUESS IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME THAT MUCH SINCE I DIDN'T REMEMBER ALL THAT.
              SOMETIMES TO MUCH OF ANYTHING YA SEEM TO IGNORE.

YEA MONTH LONG TO MUCH I GUESS.

EDIT: THEY DON'T FORCE ANYONE TO PURCHASE ANY MERCH, NO ISSUES SELLING STUFF WITH ME.

QUESTION IS, DOES CANCER AWARENESS GET A CHUNK OF THAT INCOME? IF SO, SELL IT BABY.
              https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.co...-crucial-catch

http://www.nfl.com/salute

Comment

Working...
              X