Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eagles should not have drafted Hurts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles should not have drafted Hurts.

At the very least, they should not have benched Wentz for him.

As horrible as Wentz has played this season, it makes no sense from a roster management standpoint to move on from him after one bad season. They made the commitment to him, they should be sticking with it for longer than twelve games. Dumping him will be is a clear admonition that their front office is incompetent.

But they've painted themselves in a corner. There can be no serious competition for starter next season now that Wentz had made clear he would rather be traded than backup. It's possible, maybe even likely, that the only path forward now is to trade Wentz but it should have never been this way. Wentz should have been given the rest of this and next to try to get unbroken - without Hurts breathing down his back. So much wasted time, money and draft picks.

Howie should be held accountable and fired.

Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

So Carson should be coddled in an environment where he feels no competition?
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
      More or less. They sure shouldn't have made things more difficult for him. It was an unnecessary decision to extend him when they did. But once they did, it made sense to work to support their investment rather than break him. He didn't need a Hurts. He needed a McNown.

I'm not pointing this out as a big Wentz supporter. Just observing how badly and unnecessarily Howie fucked up.
      Last edited by Maniac; 12-26-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

On the Dimmy Scale of Imbecility, the first round selection of Reagor makes the second round selection of Hurts look like an act of genius.
        DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
          On the Dimmy Scale of Imbecility, the first round selection of Reagor makes the second round selection of Hurts look like an act of genius.
          Nah. Reagor wasn't the best WR but Hurts was the wrong position entirely.

It's the same nonsense as drafting JJAW while extending Alshon.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            At the very least, they should not have benched Wentz for him.

As horrible as Wentz has played this season, it makes no sense from a roster management standpoint to move on from him after one bad season. They made the commitment to him, they should be sticking with it for longer than twelve games. Dumping him will be is a clear admonition that their front office is incompetent.

But they've painted themselves in a corner. There can be no serious competition for starter next season now that Wentz had made clear he would rather be traded than backup. It's possible, maybe even likely, that the only path forward now is to trade Wentz but it should have never been this way. Wentz should have been given the rest of this and next to try to get unbroken - without Hurts breathing down his back. So much wasted time, money and draft picks.

Howie should be held accountable and fired.
            No choice on benching Wentz. He was playing so badly Doug was in danger of losing the team. While you can give Wentz some leeway, the limit had been reached.
            ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

There can be no serious competition for starter next season now that Wentz had made clear he would rather be traded than backup.
              I must have missed that presser. When did Wentz make it clear he would rather be traded? I'm not asking for speculation either.

Comment

I'm tired of coddling phila millionaire athletes. This is what we're paying you for. Put up or shut up. Im all for 2nd chances, trust the process etc. Your drafted in your prime, time to shine!

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                  The Hurts pick reminds me of the Kolb pick and McNabb coddled days were pretty much over.. You remember this same incompetence FO/Weasel had Vick,Kolb, and McNabb all together at one point.. "We are smarter than you" will always be the mantra here..

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

I must have missed that presser. When did Wentz make it clear he would rather be traded? I'm not asking for speculation either.
                    It came from Schechter so somebody near Wentz wanted it out. Are you really surprised that he would feel that way? I'd be more surprised if he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
                      I'm tired of coddling phila millionaire athletes. This is what we're paying you for. Put up or shut up. Im all for 2nd chances, trust the process etc. Your drafted in your prime, time to shine!
                      Its not coddling. It's trying to maximize your investment. Wentz is going to be a millionaire whatever happens. Throwing away a hundred million dollars makes the Eagles worse. Bad resource management.

There is no problem here if they hadn't already paid Wentz.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post

The Hurts pick reminds me of the Kolb pick and McNabb coddled days were pretty much over.. You remember this same incompetence FO/Weasel had Vick,Kolb, and McNabb all together at one point.. "We are smarter than you" will always be the mantra here..
                        What was McNabb's age and contract situation at that point? I honestly don't know but am guessing it was fairly different than Wentz.

Comment

It came from Schechter so somebody near Wentz wanted it out. Are you really surprised that he would feel that way? I'd be more surprised if he didn't.
                          If that's your source, it's wrong. He already said that report was based on total speculation. He retracted that report a few days after it was reported. It's just more made up shit by the media.

You literally commented in the post that had this info.
                          Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-26-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

The way the NFL is shaping up its more or less draft a running qb every three, four years and don't pay that $30m a year for four, five year second contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

If that's your source, it's wrong. He already said that report was based on total speculation. He retracted that report a few days after it was reported. It's just more made up shit by the media.

You literally commented in the post that had this info.
                              I'm not hearing a retraction here. Just the opposite. Wentz would want a trade rather than be a backup.. You got a better source?

https://975thefanatic.com/episodes/a...es-everything/

Comment

Working...
                              X