The game yesterday is no vindication of Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game yesterday is no vindication of Wentz

He sucked all season until he was benched. On merit.

I think he will be back next year because of the idiotic contract. Hope I’m wrong but I have severe doubts he will be anything other than an albatross.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Would you prefer to move forward with Hurts?

Comment

Not sure there are many true Hurts Humpers or Hurtsmen - the rookie QB was just a nice distraction from the reality that the "franchise QB" was bottom 10 caliber all year and they are stuck with him at least another year - likely followed by many years of QB purgatory if he doesn't time travel back to 2017.

Comment

How did Wentz do in 2018 and 2019? I forget. Was this your take a year ago? Be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          How did Wentz do in 2018 and 2019? I forget. Was this your take a year ago? Be honest.
          2018 he went 5-6 and I(we) chalked up him not looking the same to still recovering from the knee injury and the new back injury. A much less talented Nick Foles then came in and beat two playoff teams(one of them the eventual NFC champs), won a road playoff game and was an Alshon drop away from who knows? They looked like a different team late in the year with Foles, that was a red flag.

2019 I was critical of Wentz most of the season(maybe not on here as much as to my family) until the last month when I thought I saw the Franchise QB return. As I've mentioned before, that final stretch last season is a lot less impressive in hindsight, 4 games against 3 awful teams that all have new head coaches this season.

Comment

I think I asked a simple question. How did Wentz do in 2018 and 2019? I didn't ask for win-loss records. I didn't ask about injuries. I didn't ask about Foles who has showed over and over he's not a franchise QB. It's really simple. The supporting cast has declined every year since 2017. That's not an opinion. That's not speculation. It's just a fact. When people can't answer a simple question, I know the real answer. It's really not that difficult. Oh well.

I'm going to try and ask another question. I think this should have a concrete response so here it goes.

In the NFC East, regarding offense, which team has the lowest performing (worst) WRs, TEs, RBs, and offensive line?

I think I really could argue the Eagles may have the worst groups in the division (I really want to give the TEs credit but they've really disappointed). I wouldn't have believed it but I really think I have a case that they are the fourth best in every area. How is that even possible? I'm not even saying they may have the third best at a spot. I'm literally saying the worst. I didn't think that was possible.

Now, think about that when you wonder why a QB has regressed. Think about the play calling. Think about no offensive coordinator. Think about what you watched yesterday. It's really not that hard to understand why Wentz had a bad year. As I've mentioned several times already, I called this back in April.
            Last edited by Snakebitten; 12-28-2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

That's a bit of a selective memory on Foles ... he stunk in the Bears playoff game and should have lost it but for a doink at the end.

Foles looked great on the first two drives in the Saints game and then sucked for the rest of THAT game until he got a short field at the end and Jeffery whiffed on that ball.

They did not look like a different team with Foles.
              Last edited by slag; 12-28-2020, 01:22 PM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

It's hard to take any response seriously when people even bring up Foles. I will give him credit that he did respond though. Some folks on here can give it but not take it.

Comment

I don't want Wentz gone but I certainly agree that yesterday was no vindication. Wentz played poorly in 8/12 games this season. Hurts played poorly in 1/3.

Even considering that the offense they ran with Hurts wasn't sustainable, I was surprised by just how much better it looked. The lack of constant bad sacks/turnovers/3-and-outs, and subsequently putting the defense in a bad spot, was night and day.

It bothers me that any Eagles fan is happy to say "I told you so" after yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                    I think I asked a simple question. How did Wentz do in 2018 and 2019?
                    And I answered it, boss. You want a more simple answer? Wentz wasn't good enough in 2018 or 2019, and was awful in 2020.

Simple question for you, has Wentz been awful this season? I'm not asking about WRs. I'm not asking about OL. I'm not asking about the CGM or your prediction in April. Just a simple question - and remember boss, if you can't answer it - I will know the real answer.

Comment

Foles can eat for free for the rest of his life just by keeping track of when and where I go into restaurants, but I also clearly don't buy that he's a valid basis for taking a shit on Wentz.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        That's a bit of a selective memory on Foles ... he stunk in the Bears playoff game and should have lost it but for a doink at the end.

Foles looked great on the first two drives in the Saints game and then sucked for the rest of THAT game until he got a short field at the end and Jeffery whiffed on that ball.

They did not look like a different team with Foles.
                        The road win against the Rams and that home game against the Texans? If you want to hold the Bears game where he led the game winning drive against the top Defense in the league against him- go for it. How did the team do against the Saints earlier that year? Different team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

And I answered it, boss. You want a more simple answer? Wentz wasn't good enough in 2018 or 2019, and was awful in 2020.

Simple question for you, has Wentz been awful this season? I'm not asking about WRs. I'm not asking about OL. I'm not asking about the CGM or your prediction in April. Just a simple question - and remember boss, if you can't answer it - I will know the real answer.
                          Wentz has had a really bad year ... extremely uneven ... showed some flashes but mostly looked like he was out of kilter and trying to do too much.

But the significant point that both I and Snake make over and over is that it doesn't define him.

Wentz wasn't good enough last year?

You one of those guys like the one who sits in front of me and expects every fucking play to work or he howls like a scalded dog?

Last year he became the only qb in the history of league to throw for 4000 with no player getting 500 ... and don't give me how he beat bad teams at the end. He won four in a row when he had to win all four against NFL teams while playing with dog shit receivers. And, if memory serves, two of them were on game winning drives at the end.

Comment

Was there any point you thought about maybe bringing up his stats? I don't know. I think that's a pretty good indicator. At the very least, it's worth mentioning.

Bonus question: Name the wideouts both seasons without googling it.

Wentz is an awful QB when you surround him with an awful supporting cast. I will not deny that. Hurts is a better QB under disarray. No doubt. Only one of these QBs are a franchise quarterback. The goal is to win a ring. You cannot win with Hurts.

DeShaun Watson has 4 wins this year. I think he's a top QB.

Comment

He's literally bringing up Foles. My god. We've hit a new low.

Comment

Working...
                              X