I’m still not sure Doug is safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m still not sure Doug is safe

Howie plays in the mud and these Wentz rumors give him ammunition to say that Doug is the problem. It also let’s Howie say the Wentz pick was no a bad one he was just not coached right. I could see them dumping Doug and Hiring someone like Mike Kafka. A first time HC and QB guru who doesn’t threaten Howie.

I don’t see how either Gomer or Howie is “safe”.

The current mess is just as much their creation as was the successful SB season.....it goes both ways. Wentz giving up also adds to this fiasco, a year after signing a huge contract and “your guy” wants out??? WTF???? Leadership fucked up....own it as much as Wentz needs to own his poor season’s performance.

All these safe reports are premature IMO.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

This headline alone should get Howie canned.

Minnesota Vikings WR Justin Jefferson sets Super Bowl-era rookie receiving yards record

Comment

I think he is sick of Howie and wants out.
        Last edited by 1960; 01-10-2021, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
          Howie plays in the mud and these Wentz rumors give him ammunition to say that Doug is the problem. It also let’s Howie say the Wentz pick was no a bad one he was just not coached right. I could see them dumping Doug and Hiring someone like Mike Kafka. A first time HC and QB guru who doesn’t threaten Howie.
          The only issue with this is you hire Kafka you lose Duce Staley. He will no way hang around with another no experience new coach coming in.

Comment

J-E-T-S.....JETS JETS JETS.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I think Doug refused to take all the blame and forced Lurie's hand by making the coaching suggestion. He drew a line in the sand. Doug know this is going to be a mess and did not want to be the lame duck and being blamed.

Comment

Working...
              X