No announcement yet.

Goodell should take the 6th pick away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iggs can't even tank right. Hurts should have never been on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      That was fucking disgraceful. A playoff scenario is being impacted and you pull that shit???

Pretty much tells you that Doug and Howie are both coming back, too.

Sickening and disgusting.
      Thank you for this post - I was starting to agree with you a little too much for my liking.

I don't see the big deal - we all wanted them to lose, and for anyone saying "only 3 draft spots" they are failing to mention it is 3 top 10 draft spots which makes a difference value wise.

This is the NFL's fault for flexing the game to sunday night - otherwise it would've been swept under the rug like the many other times teams have done the same thing.

Comment

I don't know what shit anyone pulled. If Hurts had hit Watkins in the end zone, we may have won the game. Everyone played hard. That's all you can ask. Anyway, who in this miserable division really deserves a playoff spot anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
          I don't know what shit anyone pulled. If Hurts had hit Watkins in the end zone, we may have won the game. Everyone played hard. That's all you can ask. Anyway, who in this miserable division really deserves a playoff spot anyway?
          That’s my point. You were in this game. So much so that you could have tied it and chose not to. Even then the D kept playing and putting a guy in for his first snaps all year was just a huge FU to every player on offense. Don’t take my word for it. Look at the faces of the players on the sideline as the tank took place.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
            I don't see the big deal - we all wanted them to lose, and for anyone saying "only 3 draft spots" they are failing to mention it is 3 top 10 draft spots which makes a difference value wise.

This is the NFL's fault for flexing the game to sunday night - otherwise it would've been swept under the rug like the many other times teams have done the same thing.
            Yeah I wanted them to lose and there were even posts on here saying they should put in Sudafed.

I do think it's a legitimate gripe to say that playing *not* to win is disrespectful to the guys who are out there battling. It makes sense that the first-ever on-field tank job would leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

I'm stunned that former and current players actually think that the Eagles were doing this to spite the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Yeah I wanted them to lose and there were even posts on here saying they should put in Sudafed.

I do think it's a legitimate gripe to say that playing *not* to win is disrespectful to the guys who are out there battling. It makes sense that the first-ever on-field tank job would leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

I'm stunned that former and current players actually think that the Eagles were doing this to spite the Giants.
              I remember Lovie Smith pulling all his starters at half time so the Bucs could secure the #1 overall pick and draft Winston and I am sure they were not the first to do it either. As others have mentioned this is only a big deal because it was on SNF.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

They made the tank obvious with the roster moves - aside from that I didn't see a lack of effort from the players in a 1 score game that wasn't over until the final minute. This was not the first ever on field tank - just the first that happened in prime time with a playoff spot on the line.

The Eagles were unfortunate that their game was flexed, and that the game meant something to two teams.

Comment

The Saints won the 2 seed this year by winning a game vs without a FUCKING QB and im seeing folks on tv and radio crying about the integrity of the nfl??

the same nfl that literally cheated and put the rams in the super bowl 2 years ago?

integrity? Lmao

Comment

They're only crying because it hurt NY. I'm still mad at the 'Giants 'McNabb' the division' headline in the Post when Donovan broke his leg so NY can go screw themselves. They're also pissed because they knew if they got in the league and its 'integrity would help the Giants out with calls next week just like it did when the refs stopped making calls against them in the playoffs the last two times they won the SB.

Comment

I could gin up some sympathy and perhaps for the Eagles players, but they did have 15 games of shit performance so not much.

The Giants can go fuck themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

This team benched their franchise QB for a backup a month ago. We knew this season was over a long time ago. It's not like benching Hurts made a difference. The only completion in the first quarter came from Ward.
                        Our WR dropped a lot of passes. Seemingly like they didn’t care. So Hurts passed much better than the numbers indicate. And it’s not like we have pro bowl WRs.
                        ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post

Our WR dropped a lot of passes. Seemingly like they didn’t care. So Hurts passed much better than the numbers indicate. And it’s not like we have pro bowl WRs.
                          Over the last month, I also watched a lot of his opponents drop some of his passes. He's also fumbled nine times. He's just not good. He's the Reagor of QBs. I'm not sure how anyone can get excited about a QB that throws the ball at a completion rate of 50%. What worse is that he's throwing to a wideout that had a 50% catch rate at college. That's a recipe for disaster.

At the end of the day, it's obvious Hurts is not the future. He will always attempt to run if the first read is covered. That may work against bad team teams in college but not in the NFL. Let's not forget Hurts was throwing to Lamb, Ridley, Juedy, and Ruggs along with playing behind the best offensive lines in college. You're not going to find that here and it shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

Over the last month, I also watched a lot of his opponents drop some of his passes. He's also fumbled nine times. He's just not good. He's the Reagor of QBs. I'm not sure how anyone can get excited about a QB that throws the ball at a completion rate of 50%. What worse is that he's throwing to a wideout that had a 50% catch rate at college. That's a recipe for disaster.

At the end of the day, it's obvious Hurts is not the future. He will always attempt to run if the first read is covered. That may work against bad team teams in college but not in the NFL. Let's not forget Hurts was throwing to Lamb, Ridley, Juedy, and Ruggs along with playing behind the best offensive lines in college. You're not going to find that here and it shows.
                            At least he is willing to compete and fight for his job. Not sure that Wentz is. And as a supporter of Wentz from day one, that is very disappointing to me.
                            ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post

At least he is willing to compete and fight for his job. Not sure that Wentz is. And as a supporter of Wentz from day one, that is very disappointing to me.
                              If you followed Wentz from Day 1, you know what you are reading is not coming from him. Everything you are reading is speculation. He's always given 100%. He's always been a team player. He's also human. His GM and coach have consistently set him up to fail and he's always taken the high road (to a fault).

Can you imagine being a MVP QB and you're still waiting for a competent #1 wideout? Imagine watching all of your peers get help and you end up with practice squad players and punt returners. The CGM decides to waste a pick on a backup QB in the second round? What a disgrace. The only thing he had was a tight end and competent offensive line and that disappeared this year. It's moronic to run a MVP QB out of town without ever giving him a playmaker. I get this team has a historic record of never producing wideouts but that's not on the quarterback.

Wentz shouldn't have to compete for his job at this point. Howie and Doug should have to fight for their jobs. They're the reason this team failed this year. Wentz (and Schwartz) were the scapegoats.
                              Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-05-2021, 12:39 PM.

Comment

I wanted the Eagles to lose this game for obvious reasons and I really don't care what the media or fans across the country think but I do care what the players around the league think.
                                I have no problem with them sitting players for this game and I had no problem with Sudfeld playing but Doug should have said before the game that Sudfeld will play the whole game or Hurts will play the first half and Sudfeld the second half no matter the score. If he did that, no one would complain.
                                Instead, the Eagles turned it into a mockery. It was like Doug, Howie and Lurie were Lucy and the players were Charlie Brown. As soon as Charlie Brown went to kick the ball for the win, Lucy pulled it away and embarrassed Charlie. That is what they did to the players who were out there trying to win. What player around the league will have any respect for this organization moving forward? I hope it gets forgotten but it could be long lasting when trying to sign players.We shall see

Comment

Working...
                                X