No announcement yet.

Goodell should take the 6th pick away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The players knew what was going on. Hurts and Kelce (and many others) knew before the game that Sudfeld was going to be coming in. They already mentioned this. There really is no story here. When you put a microphone in front of some of the young, dumb players, it's inevitable someone will say something stupid. The players knew what was going on when they saw the deactivation list. This is a non-story. It's just the media is trying to produce content. Nothing to see here.

Joe Judge (an ex-Patriot coach) is going to tell everyone about integrity in the NFL? No thanks. Kick rocks.

Comment

I think you should tell Kelce it doesn't matter because he doesn't agree with you.

Jason Kelce's anti-tank rant makes Eagles loss more awkward (nypost.com)

Comment

Good point about Judge. Pot meet kettle.

Opinions that don't ultimately matter:
        1. Giants coaches/fans/players
        2. Eagles practice squad guys
        3. Mine.

I didnt like it at all but if Kelce, Hurts, Cox, Graham etc. were on board then who cares what I think. I'm a Doug supporter and I want him back. Would hate to have this cause lasting damage.

"Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by joe9518 View Post
          I think you should tell Kelce it doesn't matter because he doesn't agree with you.[/URL]
          I don't know Kelce. Do you think I could send him something on Twitter?

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

3. Mine.

I didnt like it at all but if Kelce, Hurts, Cox, Graham etc. were on board then who cares what I think. I'm a Doug supporter and I want him back. Would hate to have this cause lasting damage.
            I don’t see how it doesn’t.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

They all knew. Just like we all knew. There were reports earlier in the day that Sudfeld was going to see playing time. They even told Hurts. They benched everyone...including Sanders. Unfortunately, the young players aren't really that bright. Anytime you see 'professionals' post shit on Twitter regarding their jobs or going off script to the media, you know they're not that bright. Wallace and Sanders are the dopes in this case.

Doug is not at fault here. They all knew what he was going to do including Lurie. This is another example of Doug taking the heat after getting directive from the top.
              Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-05-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

3. Mine.

This.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

If you followed Wentz from Day 1, you know what you are reading is not coming from him. Everything you are reading is speculation. He's always given 100%. He's always been a team player. He's also human. His GM and coach have consistently set him up to fail and he's always taken the high road (to a fault).

Can you imagine being a MVP QB and you're still waiting for a competent #1 wideout? Imagine watching all of your peers get help and you end up with practice squad players and punt returners. The CGM decides to waste a pick on a backup QB in the second round? What a disgrace. The only thing he had was a tight end and competent offensive line and that disappeared this year. It's moronic to run a MVP QB out of town without ever giving him a playmaker. I get this team has a historic record of never producing wideouts but that's not on the quarterback.

Wentz shouldn't have to compete for his job at this point. Howie and Doug should have to fight for their jobs. They're the reason this team failed this year. Wentz (and Schwartz) were the scapegoats.
                  I followed Wentz starting when he was in college as I have a lot of friends from ND and they said keep an eye on him. That being said, I never saw him as a prima Donna and feel he is still a good QB despite this season. But I haven’t seen him deny what is being reported or show any understanding of why he was benched. And that bothers me. I hope it all comes out clean.
                  ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                    They all knew. Just like we all knew. There were reports earlier in the day that Sudfeld was going to see playing time. They even told Hurts. They benched everyone...including Sanders. Unfortunately, the young players aren't really that bright. Anytime you see 'professionals' post shit on Twitter regarding their jobs or going off script to the media, you know they're not that bright. Wallace and Sanders are the dopes in this case.

Doug is not at fault here. They all knew what he was going to do including Lurie. This is another example of Doug taking the heat after getting directive from the top.
                    I had seen those reports. I think it was the timing. Like the game was too close for comfort so he pulled the plug. Why bring out Hurts to start the second half. There were other weird things. Punting near the 50 yard line which he would normally never do. Not kicking the tying FG. Whatever.

Lurie definitely knew. No way he puts up with the national media backlash if Doug unilaterally does that and he's not on board.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I have zero doubt they were tanking. Unfortunately, Washington is awful due to their injuries. Smith, Gibson, and McLaurin shouldn't have been playing. Now they're reporting Smith may share snaps this week. I love the fact that Joe Judge is all bent out of shape about it. My favorite part was that Ron Rivera benefitted from it. He's battled through a lot this season and I'm glad to see he's the coach representing the division (outside of Doug).

Doug doesn't have the luxury of throwing a game like that without Lurie's ok. While it was an obvious tank, having a QB that was stinking up the joint made it easier for them to make the move to Sudfeld.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post

But I haven’t seen him deny what is being reported or show any understanding of why he was benched. And that bothers me. I hope it all comes out clean.
                        Level of agreement 100%.

Comment

I had seen those reports. I think it was the timing. Like the game was too close for comfort so he pulled the plug. Why bring out Hurts to start the second half. There were other weird things. Punting near the 50 yard line which he would normally never do. Not kicking the tying FG. Whatever.

Lurie definitely knew. No way he puts up with the national media backlash if Doug unilaterally does that and he's not on board.
                          It was kind of funny that Michaels and Collinsworth were saying that Pederson went for it on 4th and goal because of "analytics," when the analytics strongly recommended the FG in that situation. The early 4th and 2 at midfield was a tossup, maybe go for it according to the analytics. Pederson did the opposite of what he almost always does in each situation.

I agree that it was the timing. I think guys will forget about it, but it's legitimate to wonder if blatantly throwing a game will cause locker room problems.

Comment

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/05...the-game-good/

This.

Comment

Not thats a good article and well written, kudos to the man
                              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
                              X