I’m proud of the Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m proud of the Eagles

They did the right thing when it comes to factors that actually matter like wins and losses.

Football and sports fans in general have an obsession with all of this unwritten decorum and rules of engagement probably because the game grew with these guys like John Madden pumping that into us that it’s all this big emotional church out there.

It is not and it’s not a place to carry out sportsmanship either. Do you hurt people with intent? No. That’s just wrong. But you want to blow week 16 to fuck over your division rival you’ve owned for 10 years, make their local fans eat shit and ensure you pick higher?

Good by me.

As if anyone care about the Redskins at all. They have no QB plan again. They suck. Giants felt on a come up. Nah.
    Charismatic megafauna.

This is the only correct take.

Comment

I don't think anyone cares about the Giants players or fans and their feelings. I certainly don't expect the Eagles to care about my feelings either. I do have concern about how the Eagles players saw that. I bet they wanted to win the game and don't really care about draft position.

"Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Great point. Let's also not forget that Hurts is not good. You left that part out.

Comment

They don’t really care beyond the moment they realized what was happening. Most of the guys don’t care about the Eagles, the entity, at all like we imagine.

As evidence, Mr. Eagles Aw Schuks Anything Fer The Team Carson Wentz will be requesting a trade because he got paid and wants to keep starting to get paid again. He doesn’t care that he played like complete garbage and put them in this position to begin with. He wants what he wants.

Yeah well so does the team. Which is draft capital.

Next year will roll around and when their starting QB hasn’t been a turnover machine loser and they have a chance again, don’t worry they’ll all turn up and play.
          Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            I don't think anyone cares about the Giants players or fans and their feelings. I certainly don't expect the Eagles to care about my feelings either. I do have concern about how the Eagles players saw that. I bet they wanted to win the game and don't really care about draft position.
            This. You can’t ask people to give their all and then do this. It just doesn’t work that way.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

This. You can’t ask people to give their all and then do this. It just doesn’t work that way.
              Why didn’t Fletcher Cox, Desean, Alshon, etc play? If this was a playoff game, does they play?

did they really ask the team to give their all? Or did they see they give a shot to a bunch of vets who prob won’t be on the team next year (yes, there are outliers”) and some BCJs to see what they had?
              Last edited by DJCon57; 01-04-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJCon57 View Post

Why didn’t Fletcher Cox, Desean, Alshon, etc play? If this was a playoff game, does they play?

did they really ask the team to give their all? Or did they see they give a shot to a bunch of vets who prob won’t be on the team next year (yes, there are outliers”) and some BCJs to see what they had?
                A box score agrees with you. Seeing the players play didn’t tell the same story.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

The draft pick is not going to fix the team. I would have preferred to see if Hurts could win the game.

Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Hurts has a noodle arm. It's Wentz or bring in someone else. I've seen enough

Comment

Noodle arm or not, Hurts had a better chance of putting up 7 more points than Sudfeld. There was no reason at all to play Sudfeld. Sure didn't need to see him.

Unfortunately, Wentz has a noodle head and is likely done in Philly. The whining about a trade is probably the last straw. I don't see him ever being a leader on this team.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                      X