Has there ever before been a situation in the NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    If Hurts stinks he stinks. I have no personal interest in him. I thought it was a huge mistake to draft him or any QB second. That’s on Howie.

I will note that in college Hurts was replaced at the end of a championship season. He stayed at Alabama and fought for his job, never complained and when his number was called in a dark moment he performed. He then left and was successful.

Wentz has already experienced one of those three things. It appears he would just as soon pass on the second. For his sake we hope the third happens.
    I see it this way as well, including I didn’t think he should have drafted Hurts. And I am a fan of Hurts because of his proven ethic. That being said, after seeing Sudfield play, I can partially see where Howie was coming from. Can’t understand why a “football factory” would have kept him around. Seem to remember there were reports early on that the Eagles really liked him.
    ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

As I said in the OP, only HowLo could fuck this up so badly.
      I don't blame Howie for extending Wentz. Every young QB that has belonged in the NFL ever has gotten paid.

I blame Howie for putting Wentz in a bad situation this year. I think Wentz was part of the problem though. In 2020 you'd think that a QB would have at least one great game by accident. The closest Wentz came to that was the first Giants game.

Comment

Originally posted by nor'easter View Post
        Jalen Hurts last 20 drives of the season:

Team Points: 17
        Comp/Attempts: 25 for 56 (44.6%)
        Pass TD/Interceptions: 0 TDs and 3 Interceptions
        Fumbles Lost: 1
        Passer Rating: 41.2%

Stats can be manipulated and cherry picked any way you want to fit a narrative. You chose Hurts last 20 drives. Why not his first 25 as a starter?
        I'm not choosing sides I'm just saying stats don't mean shit in a vacuum. Eli Manning won 2 Super Bowls and Marino won none, doesn't make Sheli a better QB on that face alone

Team Points: 49
        Comp/Attempts: 41 for 74 (55.4%)
        Pass TD/Interceptions: 4 TDs, 0 interceptions
        Fumbles Lost: 1
        Passer Rating: 83.6 v NO and 102.3 v AZ
        Many new quarterbacks can play well in the beginning (It didn't hurt that he caught New Orleans during a three game road trip). Eventually, the tape will be there and the results are what we are seeing. He's just not good. I get people love the running quarterbacks but eventually they have to throw. Hurts is not the answer. If they move Wentz, they have no answer at quarterback. I don't really like any quarterback in this draft that's obtainable so if they go to Hurts route, this team is irrelevant.
        Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-05-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X