What say ye igglephans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What say ye igglephans?

I don’t always agree with the Rube, but he raises a good point. Assuming that there is an issue, which seems possible given all the smoke and the quietness of Wentz.

What did happen between Doug and Carson?

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...o-carson-wentz
    ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

You sort of wonder whether it is analogous to the Ben Simmons situation, where he just won't listen to coaching. I honestly hope he comes back fighting and he and Hurts duke it out for the position. Makes the team better I think
    DB

Comment

It could be a lack of respect for Doug’s coaching and feeling like the coach and the organization aren’t putting him in a position to be successful. Not sure why so many expect Carson to be the odd man out. Better future...Doug with another QB or Carson with another coach? I’d probably bet on Wentz and cut ties with Doug before I let Wentz go. I’d at least want to be 100% sure if what I did or didn’t have.

Comment

I imagine that we’ll find out more after Jeff hires a new OC. I have to believe that whomever it is will request a face-to-face via some means with CW. Every thing I’ve read is that the new guy will take over play calling and might even have some personnel clout. If all of that is the case then it sure doesn’t sound as if they’re chasing some “gosh I’m just glad to be here “ guy.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I’m not sure it’s just a Carson/Doug thing. Doug didn’t decide to draft Hurts by himself. That pick was a clear message. It’s just not The coach. It’s the Organization. At this point, opinions about Hurts’ talent and ability to be a successful QB is almost meaningless. It’s all about Wentz right now. My feeling is that he and organization are in agreement. They both want him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Vermouth View Post
            I’m not sure it’s just a Carson/Doug thing. Doug didn’t decide to draft Hurts by himself. That pick was a clear message. It’s just not The coach. It’s the Organization. At this point, opinions about Hurts’ talent and ability to be a successful QB is almost meaningless. It’s all about Wentz right now. My feeling is that he and organization are in agreement. They both want him out.
            Interesting take. And what I fear as well
            ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Working...
            X