X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Pederson out as Head Coach

Per report.

Well that escalated quickly.

Escalated quick? I thought it was on Fire week two of the Carson discussion. This franchise is a rocket of hot garbage right now. Keeping Howie, holy shit

Comment

I hate this move.

Comment

this is all about Carson
        get the OC from The pats
        bring in Matt Patricia for DC
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

So Carson won. Hurts might as well start cleaning out his locker. Tear down Foles statue too.
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I hate this move.
            Me too. What's their plan? I assume Carson stays so they should trade Hurts. No distractions. Nobody else to blame.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
              this is all about Carson
              get the OC from The pats
              bring in Matt Patricia for DC
              Bieniemy.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Me too. What's their plan? I assume Carson stays so they should trade Hurts. No distractions. Nobody else to blame.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek5DS2-Wgr0
                DB

Comment

The problem is this move doesn't go far enough. Howie should be out as well. This team needs a clean slate but Lurie loves him some Howie. Oh well, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Comment

I think now I fully understand the folks that dislike Lurie and blame him for the organization's issues. 2 of the last 3 coaches fired have won super bowls - one of them being the first and only in Eagles franchise history just 3 years ago. And yes I know FF had to go - but he is on the brink of winning back to back super bowls in a few weeks. I could maybe comprehend this if Howie wasnt STILL here. Hate the move.

oh and why the fuck is it done a week behind every other team conducting interviews? The issue is not the coach - its Lurie.

Comment

Originally posted by joe9518 View Post
                      The problem is this move doesn't go far enough. Howie should be out as well. This team needs a clean slate but Lurie loves him some Howie. Oh well, the more things change, the more they stay the same.
                      If Howie hires the next coach that just buys him another few years too, I don't see them bringing in a new GM to work with some coach Howie hired the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

This means they hire a new coach to "fix" Carson. I get that it's harder to find a franchise QB than it is to find a good coach, but I don't think Wentz's body of work has earned this treatment.

The worst part of this is that Howie won again. The ideal move would have been to keep Pederson and fire Howie, but that was never going to happen.

Comment

If Howie doesn’t get the , this only sets the team back further.
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

This means they hire a new coach to "fix" Carson. I get that it's harder to find a franchise QB than it is to find a good coach, but I don't think Wentz's body of work has earned this treatment.

The worst part of this is that Howie won again. The ideal move would have been to keep Pederson and fire Howie, but that was never going to happen.
                            The only thing that earned him the treatment is his contract and Howie's ego. Obviously I hope it works out. I'll eat all the crow in the world.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Can't say i'm surprised or disappointed...really sux Howie will still be around...at least no one has hired the "hot" coaches yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X