Thanks for the Supe, Doug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the Supe, Doug

I was never a fan of Gomer, but he got the goods for us. Which I'll always buy him a beverage for. But him gone is the right move.

And I don't buy that Jeff and Howie won't let a none Gomer coach pick his own assistants. Did it every time before except Gomer, so there's that.
    DB

Out of curiosity, why is it the right move? He had to coach the same crappy players that Carson had to play with. Ridiculous amount of injuries every year. Seems like everyone else gets the benefit of the doubt and Doug gets fired.
    Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-11-2021, 03:35 PM.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
      Out of curiosity, why is it the right move? He had to coach the same crappy players that Carson had to play with. Ridiculous amount of injuries every year. Seems like everyone else gets the benefit of the doubt and Doug gets fired.
      Fair point. I look at in a vacuum. It's all about coaching prowess. And I measure that by: (1) Have his players developed consistently? WR no. QB no. DL toss up. OL yes. RB tossup. (2) How are his game plans and in game coaching? Turrible. (3) Is he a leader? I dunno about that but there's plenty of smoke...

I don't think it is a true choice to say it's either Howie or Doug or Carson. There appears to be a rift between Doug and Carson, from what we hear. So one of them's got to go. And they're paying Carson a ton and that's that. Of the three of them Gomer is the most expendable, so that makes it the right move for me.

Having said all that, I totally and will always be grateful for the win in the Supe. Just was talking to Dim Jr about it.
      DB

Comment

Fair enough. I think there is definitely a rift and Carson/Howie won. I think Doug is similar to Reid. Good HC that needs quality assistants. No shame in that. Now they need a HC and assistants.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          Some are saying the organization picked the franchise QB over the coach - if so pretty ridiculous considering the coach closed the deal in 2017 without said franchise QB. I've been baffled for years by the Doug hate, not much different than the FF hate; sure hope we aren't watching Doug hoist a Lombardi elsewhere in the future.

Comment

I echo those thoughts....grateful my father got to see us win one before he passed...thanks Doug!

Comment

PS don't get me wrong, I'd also like Howie railroaded.
              DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                PS don't get me wrong, I'd also like Howie railroaded.
                I hope Lurie is really "mulling" it over.

Comment

Working...
                X