Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lurie's obsession w/ non-football people (Banner /Howlo) is the disease in this org

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurie's obsession w/ non-football people (Banner /Howlo) is the disease in this org

Sure Doug is Gomer and if he pushed Press Taylor and that nonsense, that's on him for being a Gomer. But he probably said it's me or Howie.

the big forehead is a fraud of an owner. You can't dump Doug without dumping Howie. Doug's firing will send douchechills through the coaching ranks. Can't make it work with a guy who recently won a SB? Intern Howlo in charge. No real coach is coming here. Welcome to Kotite years
    Last edited by Diggle; 01-11-2021, 11:50 PM.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Yep ... dress socks in gym class.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Yep ... dress socks in gym class.
      I just want you to know that I've been using this line (with attribution) for the past 15 years.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

They really stepped in it in 2017. All of the organizational issues we complained about before then are still present. Lurie and Howie are the constants.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          They really stepped in it in 2017. All of the organizational issues we complained about before then are still present. Lurie and Howie are the constants.
          2017 was merely Howie having a greater understanding of how to fix things because he was on the sidelines. If I had the benefit of not working and just observing my organization from the sidelines for a couple of years, I could accurately make changes. Howie can do that but he cant make decisions in real time. Examples galore of how he panics when he doesn't get things that fall to him. Thats what Lurie is missing -- how is not a real time decision maker. He's only good for preparation. His gut instinct is that of a nerd, not a football person.
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Joe Banner was the only great thinker the Eagles have had in the front office since Lurie bought the team, and that includes Andy Reid and Tom Modrak. Therefore, he had to go. Only Lurie-level thinkers in the front office.

Kind of like with coaches under Lurie. Kotite, Rhodes, FF, Pederson, all slow thinkers.

Lurie values mediocrity because he is mediocre.

Comment

Working...
            X