6am on 610 WIP - WENTZ is the QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6am on 610 WIP - WENTZ is the QB

Troy Aikman had an interview with Doug and Angelo played part of it this morning at 6am, Doug said the reason he was fired was a difference of opinion on the QB situation, he wanted Jalen they want Wentz simple as that. They then compared that to Jeff Lurie's statements and it turns out if you listen to him he is saying they are committed to Wentz and allot of great QB's have had one bad season in year 4 or 5.

If true I'm wrong and money talks

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-carson-wentz/
    Last edited by slag; 01-14-2021, 07:28 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

AND NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING IF NUMBNUTZ DRAFTED JEFFERSON INSTEAD OF HURTS.

AND THAT IS MY CAPTAIN OBVOIUS STATEMENT.
      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-14-2021, 08:09 AM.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
        AND NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING IF NUMBNUTZ DRAFTED JEFFERSON INSTEAD OF HURTS.

Actually he drafted Reagor instead of Jefferson, who would have been long gone by the time he took Hurts ... but we get the point.

Comment

Both sides getting their message out. I note the earlier messaging from Eagles front office blaming this pick on the coaching staff. How about Howie manning up for once rather than his usual scapegoating. Of course Lurie goes to bat with stupid excuses for Howie. Howie, you are in charge of the draft - own those pitiful results. Hard to pull for the Eagles with him being Teflon coated but I unfortunately bleed Eagle green.
          ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Nobody knows football better than Jeff Lurie. But you're right, it's his money.

Wentz must be a real headcase if Pederson doesn't want to deal with him. That's assuming Troy Aikman knows what he's talking about.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post

Actually he drafted Reagor instead of Jefferson, who would have been long gone by the time he took Hurts ... but we get the point.
              I THOUGHT I GOT MY DRAUGHT MUFFS MIXED UP,. EITHER WAY NUMBNUTZ FUCKED THINGS UP FOR MANY YEARS WITH ONE DRAUGHT.

I LIKE SAYING NUMBNUTZ, KINDA FITS THIS F.O.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                Nobody knows football better than Jeff Lurie. But you're right, it's his money.

Wentz must be a real headcase if Pederson doesn't want to deal with him. That's assuming Troy Aikman knows what he's talking about.
                Aikman uses the hedging term that he got the "sense" it was a disagreement over the QB with Lurie ... none of us really knows, but if the report is true it does not suggest that Pederson doesn't want to deal with Wentz because he's a headcase ... it claims he prefers Hurts' skillset ... and if Wentz stays, it places the reason on Lurie wanting to get bang for his buck not on Wentz issuing an ultimatum.

Regardless ... one of them has to go IMO.

Comment

They've now gotten rid of their SB winning head coach, quarterback and DC for a guy who sucks. I met Lurie once and it was obvious that he liked to have his ass kissed. Howie and Wentz are very good at blowing smoke up it but Doug and Chip don't have that type of personality so there it is. Lurie did also admit that his level of meddling has always been the same so we know for sure that he's the one making the insane picks. Two more wasted years.

Comment

MY MAN STAYS HERE!!! HAHAHAHAHA
                    WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?????

CARSON WILL COME BACK FROM THIS MESS AND BE THE MAN.... IF HE DOESN'T I'LL NEVER EAT ANOTHER BEET AS LONG AS I LIVE!
                    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-14-2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Does Hurts now agitate for a move away?

Does Wentz, for whom Hurts represents the same type of pebble in his shoe that Nick Foles was, agitate for the team to trade Hurts?

Is Wentz going to be happy with Hurts around? Favre was unhappy with Rodgers being around but he didn’t let that stop him from doing his job.

Comment

Anyone who thinks that Lurie demanded Wentz to be the QB is delusional. Not the way he works, not the way these things happen in real life (as opposed to movies). You lawyers know this is how it went:

Lurie: So, Doug, what's your plan to fix the offensive offensive (see what I did there?) performance?

Gomer: Thinking of putting Press Taylor in as OC. Thinking I'll still do the play calling.

Lurie: Have you considered other options?

Gomer: No I think this is the way we should proceed. I think we can make this work. I like doing the play calling.

Lurie: Who will your starting QB be?

Gomer: Not sure yet, going to work with both, may the better QB win.

Lurie: Well bear in mind we have a lot invested in Carson.

Gomer: Yeah, well... We'll see. Press and I can figure it out.

And now Pederson's takeaway is that he was being force fed Wentz. Not the way it actually went (see what I did again?) It hurts me to say it (bwahaha) but Lurie was just trying to find out what Doug's plan was, and hoped that it would bear in mind the money they have dedicated to Wentz but it translates into inane talk radio simplistic fodder that people of low intelligence buy into.
                        DB

Comment

Not sure how true any of the speculation is but seems weird that Doug would dig in his heels to stick with Groh last year and Press Taylor this year yet give up on Wentz especially considering what they invested in him. Don't like the owner thinking he knows better than a former player and super bowl winning coach - but if Doug really felt as its been reported then...

Comment

100%, he wasted the Hurts pick, the guy was good but nothing to make you say he is the guy, 1-3 record and his last game was terrible.

Comment

Wentz couldn't complete a simple 5 yard pass by the end of this season. He's a fumble machine and get's sacked constantly. He might set a record in all-time QB fumbles if he keeps up this pace. He played really good in the 17 regular season. That's about it. Foles stepped in and took us to the promise land. I'd start getting Hurts ready for a starting role. The guy has a rocket for an arm with the speed and moves of a shifty RB. He's a playmaker that will compliment guys like Sanders. They basically threw him into a sinking titanic at the end of the season and he still made some exciting plays
                              Last edited by maggsgsr; 01-16-2021, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X