Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myths reinforces the "Wentz is an uncoachable diva" narrative.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myths reinforces the "Wentz is an uncoachable diva" narrative.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/cars...-20210116.html

It's Myths so who knows but perhaps at some point where there is smoke there is fire.

I'm thinking perhaps the stories about Pederson wanting to elevate Taylor are true, which on the surface looks bad. But, if you combine that with narrative of Doug preferring Hurts, and sprinkle in some of the reporting about Wentz's hostility towards correction, it paints a little clearer picture of Doug's "vision", even if it remains extremely underwhelming.

At this point, I think you have to hope these reports are BS and that a better coach will get through to Wentz. Nobody is arguing that Press Taylor is an offensive guru. Proof will be in the pudding next year. Either these stories will he proven to be nonsense and an attempt to scapegoat Wentz and he will shut everyone up or they will be reinforced again with a new staff and become undeniable.

Either way, this organization sucks.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Carson is a mess.

Around the break, one offensive lineman had gone to management and requested a switch to Hurts.

“Everyone believed Carson had no clue about when to get the ball out on time,” a source said, “and as a result made his [O-line] look terrible in times they were playing fine.”
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

It's Myths so who knows but perhaps at some point where there is smoke there is fire.

I'm thinking perhaps the stories about Pederson wanting to elevate Taylor are true, which on the surface looks bad. But, if you combine that with narrative of Doug preferring Hurts, and sprinkle in some of the reporting about Wentz's hostility towards correction, it paints a little clearer picture of Doug's "vision", even if it remains extremely underwhelming.

At this point, I think you have to hope these reports are BS and that a better coach will get through to Wentz. Nobody is arguing that Press Taylor is an offensive guru. Proof will be in the pudding next year. Either these stories will he proven to be nonsense and an attempt to scapegoat Wentz and he will shut everyone up or they will be reinforced again with a new staff and become undeniable.

I wonder if Doug’s vision was Hurts as QB because he is coachable and current staff should remain as he saw them as talented and with a coachable QB success would be achieved. I also think it is likely that the entire coaching staff and many players felt the same way.

No way Doug would see Wentz as the QB after this year and his sticking with Hurts the final 4 games. And due to Wentz not being coachable and relationship with him becoming toxic, Doug would not think Wentz was fixable. He likely told Lurie as much. Lurie and Howie do not want to give up on Wentz and are hoping a new coach will fix him. We can only hope they are correct and that they will also no longer allow Wentz favored player status.
      ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Wentz does not get the ball out on time. He plays with no timer in his head. That was cool when he was more athletic and could scramble chucking the ball down field to players who could catch; those days are long over. I (they) need Carson to move the chains. Eat up the clock, allow the defense to catch their breath, stop putting us (them) into second and long situations resulting in a punt on fourth.

im sure cockfather and crew will mention Hurts, because comparing a rookie to an almost MVP is legit.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I don't usually post in response to articles, but this one is actually interesting. If even close to true, it provides a ton of insight into the breakdown this year. It's a long article, with anonymous sources but apparently they used only first hand statements (no hearsay!). At first, I saw "hero ball" and "mechanics" and I was like, "shit, I'm supposed to stop reading this now, right?"

But I kept at it. Crazy, detailed, nuggets that point to a cluster of perfect 2020 awfulness.

Here's the quotes and lines I found most interesting.
          • "Pederson was reluctant to use Hurts or to take Wentz off the field when he was under center."
          • "Some players and coaches started to wonder if Hurts’ presence had affected Wentz, and that the small number of plays was Pederson being sensitive to his starter."
          • "By the bye week, Wentz had been sacked an NFL-high of 32 times. A coaching analysis deemed the quarterback responsible for almost two-thirds. Around the break, one offensive lineman had gone to management and requested a switch to Hurts."
          • (double quotes here) :: "" “Everyone believed Carson had no clue about when to get the ball out on time,” a source said, “and as a result made his [O-line] look terrible in times they were playing fine.”""
          • "Coaches had noticed weeks earlier Wentz dipping his eyes toward the rush early into his drop, but it had become all too apparent against the Packers."
          There's acknowledgments that: 1) The young receivers either weren’t ready or they struggled to develop chemistry with the quarterback, and 2) Pederson’s play-calling was also dubious.

But then there's this:

"Wentz, in turn, made “bizarre kills that made no sense and effectively was going rogue,” one source said."
          But for me the kicker was this paragraph:

"Pederson made the call on his own, according to a source familiar with his thinking, without input from Lurie or Roseman. He said as much publicly and there was some skepticism. But after he was benched, Wentz went to the owner and GM to voice his frustration, a team source said."
          Basically, my opinion is that blame can be shared, and the pandemic didn't make it easy on anyone, BUT: If true about Wentz and his coachability, will a new coaching staff make a difference at all?

Comment

Who knows how much is true but there has been enough of this out there now to suspect some truth to a rift between Carson and Doug. Carson won. They have too much invested in him and the Hurts pick looks more like it was intended as an insurance against injury rather than Roseman doubting Carson's ability. I guess Doug saw things differently.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
              Wentz does not get the ball out on time. He plays with no timer in his head. That was cool when he was more athletic and could scramble chucking the ball down field to players who could catch; those days are long over. I (they) need Carson to move the chains. Eat up the clock, allow the defense to catch their breath, stop putting us (them) into second and long situations resulting in a punt on fourth.

im sure cockfather and crew will mention Hurts, because comparing a rookie to an almost MVP is legit.
              Going into the 2018 season (after they let Foles walk) a buddy bet me $150 Carson would never win a playoff game as an Eagle. I thought he was a damn moron...

Comment

CARSON WENTZ STARRING IN....

DB

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Unless you live under a rock you should know by now Jeff McClane is unreliable, he starts rumors and trouble, always negative shit.

Comment

Well, I did refer to him as "Myths" twice in post.

Be that as it may, he's not the only one reporting this stuff.
                    Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-16-2021, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Get Duce in there at coach and make Hurts the starter. The guy has tremendous upside and talent. Wentz couldn't even complete a 5 yard pass in the flat by the end of this season.

Comment

Working...
                      X