Devonta Smith will be a Bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devonta Smith will be a Bust

He is listed at 6' 1" 175 pounds (probably lighter) and is a great college receiver because the defenses he faced were not at his skill level. But he will get absolutely manhandled in the NFL. Don't argue with me. I'm right. I am not all that enamored of Ja Mar Chase either. He's an inch shorter but at least 25 pounds heavier. If push came to shove I'd take Chase.

I guess if I was the GM I'd take Surtain. Or Sewell if he's there.
    DB

Which of them are mainly slot receiver types?
    I’ll hang up and listen to your answer.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I could really see Howie taking Jaylen Waddle over Devonta Smith. Short, fast, and named Jaylen.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        I could really see Howie taking Jaylen Waddle over Devonta Smith. Short, fast, and named Jaylen.
        let's just agree that whatever howie does, it's going to be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

let's just agree that whatever howie does, it's going to be wrong
          I don't even think Howie can fuck this one up. The Eagles are in a position to go BPA since they have so many needs and will come away with one of Smith, Chase, Surtain, Parsons, Sewell if they stay at 6.

I will also add that I do not think that either Smith or Chase will be busts.
          Last edited by broadstreetparade; 01-20-2021, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

I don't even think Howie can fuck this one up. The Eagles are in a position to go BPA since they have so many needs and will come away with one of Smith, Chase, Surtain, Parsons, Sewell if they stay at 6.

I will also add that I do not think that either Smith or Chase will be busts.
            I agree with most of this. Of all those names, Parsons seems to have the highest bust potential, but I don't think Howie would ever go LB that high.

IMO if Chase falls to 5 he would be a no-brainer. If he's not there, then Howie will have to make a decision between Smith/Surtain/Waddle. Waddle would certainly come off as Howie picking another hill to die on, but I don't think any of the 3 would be a WTF pick.

This is all assuming they won't draft Trey Lance...

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
              I laughed hard.
              DB

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

I don't even think Howie can fuck this one up.

WTF did you just say?

DB

Comment

Yes, Yes he can and the hairs on the back of my neck sense he will do something totally howie like drop back and get picks instead of taking an immense talent.
                  On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Don't want both of them. Parsons or Sultan would be my picks

Comment

Howie is focusing on which of the coaching candidates are less likely to send him back to the basement.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

WTF did you just say?
                        IF he does not pick another hill (or two) to die on he can not fuck this up IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                          He is listed at 6' 1" 175 pounds (probably lighter) and is a great college receiver because the defenses he faced were not at his skill level. But he will get absolutely manhandled in the NFL. Don't argue with me. I'm right. I am not all that enamored of Ja Mar Chase either. He's an inch shorter but at least 25 pounds heavier. If push came to shove I'd take Chase.

I guess if I was the GM I'd take Surtain. Or Sewell if he's there.
                          Agreed. He’s probably another TY Hilton.
                          ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post

Agreed. He’s probably another TY Hilton.
                            Ty Hilton has more catches and yards than any eagles wr ever.

Comment

No comprende sarcasm?

Comment

Working...
                              X