Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listening to the Sports Bash over here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to the Sports Bash over here...

I dont know how much credence you put in some of these guys but was listening to Anthony DiCecco and this is what he said about Sirianni---

He was invited to interview with Cleveland last year when John Dorsey was there but turned them down. John Dorsey is now with the Eagles. Dorsey was working in a consultants' role with the Eagles leading up to the 2020 draft. So does this mean that Lurie is ready to give him more responsibility in preparation for the draft?

Some of the possible names for coordinators center around who Sirianni has worked with in the past--Anthony Lynn as possibly offensive coordinator but they also mentioned Jim Caldwell. Defensively, possibly Wade Phillips, Romeo Crennel, or the DBs coach with the Colts.

It's mooted that Wentz had given his approval once he may have talked to Frank Reich.

It's been rumored on more than one of these shows that the Eagles are talking about changing to a 3-4 again.

Anyway like I said I don't know how much credence you guys put into this. I just think if true its interesting that Dorsey may have had some input.

Great to see you posting, B! Hope you and yours are weathering the pandemic well across the pond.

I could be wrong, but a 3-4 seems reasonable when a D needs to rebuild. Just need better DBs than Fletcher and Sconces.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Bwah! I forgot all about Sconces.
      Last edited by rjohns02; 01-22-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

So the Birds would go from devaluing the LB position to needing to find at least four of them that can play at a high level? Because what they have now is shit at the position. That would be fun to watch.
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          Great to see you posting, B! Hope you and yours are weathering the pandemic well across the pond.

I could be wrong, but a 3-4 seems reasonable when a D needs to rebuild. Just need better DBs than Fletcher and Sconces.
          Thanks Slizz. I hope all of you are doing well. We are over here but we've been in perpetual lockdoen since last March.

March 23-July 15; November 5-Dec 2; and now Jan 6- April 2 it looks like. But even though the numbers of deaths and infections are dropping this new strain has spooked the government and they're not denying rumors we may be locked down until June.

Comment

If Lynn, Caldwell, Phillips and Crennel all show up, I'm gonna barf. And don't even mention Adam Gase.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Two more names according to CBS Sports were involved in their search--

Josh McCown--but decided he didnt have enough experience

Brian Daboll--the Bills denied them permission to interview him last week

Comment

Working...
              X