Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers fans “relieved” that Shane Steichen left to join the Eagles

This is promising.

In all honesty, Chargers fans were fairly relieved that he would not be returning. Fans wanted a new face and they felt Steichen was a bit underwhelming as an OC. The majority will tell you Justin Herbert’s development was 99 percent thanks to [former Chargers quarterbacks coach] Pep Hamilton, so very few saw any real value in Steichen as the potential OC of the future.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...coordinator-oc
    Last edited by Maniac; 01-26-2021, 09:40 AM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

What does LaLa/LosLos/RefRef believe?
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

All 17 of them? Frank Reich was not liked by Charger fans either - I heard from quite a few of them when he joined the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
        All 17 of them? Frank Reich was not liked by Charger fans either - I heard from quite a few of them when he joined the Eagles.
        Would have to be at least 100 of them! Interesting that all but 1 would be able to tell you who was responsible for a QB's development.

The Eagles have apparently hired another Doug Pederson in Steichen, instead of opting for a Frank Reich in Pep Hamilton.

Comment

The guy running the SBNation Chargers site includes himself among the Steichen critics.

However, many — myself included — felt that Justin Herbert succeeded in spite of Steichen, and not because of him.

​Dunno. I think there was a chemistry thing with Doug/Frank that made the partnership greater than the sum of the parts. Maybe because they were both former back-up QBs from the same era.

This new staff is starting to look like a bunch of clones to me. Tall lanky thirty-something white dudes. Obviously that says nothing about their coaching ability but I find it kind of uninteresting.

Comment

I agree. I was just making a joke.

I noticed the same thing about the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

This new staff is starting to look like a bunch of clones to me. Tall lanky thirty-something white dudes. Obviously that says nothing about their coaching ability but I find it kind of uninteresting.

I consider myself a knowledgeable football fan but I had never really heard of the HC, OC, and DC until recently - their names and appearance definitely give off the vibe of an auto-generated coaching staff you would see 15 seasons into a Madden Franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                I noticed the same thing about the coaching staff.
                They need some cranky old dude. Or at least a Jim Schwartz type. Do any of these guys have personalities? They make Gomer look colorful.

Comment

Their names and appearance definitely give off the vibe of an auto-generated coaching staff you would see 15 seasons into a Madden Franchise.
                  Perfectly stated! Bwah!

I'm stealing that one.
                  Last edited by Maniac; 01-26-2021, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

They need some cranky old dude. Or at least a Jim Schwartz type. Do any of these guys have personalities? They make Gomer look colorful.
                    Well, Brian Johnson is the new QB coach.

I'm not gonna pump it up as though the Eagles have won a game, but it is refreshing to see someone who's not a late 30s visor-wearer.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Well, Brian Johnson is the new QB coach.

I'm not gonna pump it up as though the Eagles have won a game, but it is refreshing to see someone who's not a late 30s visor-wearer.
                      Early thirties visor wearer. Guess he checked a box for them though.

Comment

I consider myself a knowledgeable football fan but I had never really heard of the HC, OC, and DC until recently - their names and appearance definitely give off the vibe of an auto-generated coaching staff you would see 15 seasons into a Madden Franchise.
                        Classic!!! Bwah

Comment

Working...
                        X