Can Sirianni fix Carson Wentz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Sirianni fix Carson Wentz?

Good article. I'm not going to say anything more that might disturb the Wentz snowflakes.

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...x-carson-wentz
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Good article.

I hope this idea that the Eagles hired a coach to "fix" Wentz is just media noise. I've been very critical of Wentz, but I think the best way to "fix" him would be to give him good receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      Good article.

I hope this idea that the Eagles hired a coach to "fix" Wentz is just media noise. I've been very critical of Wentz, but I think the best way to "fix" him would be to give him good receivers.
      Did you read Greg Cosell's comments? He's always been an objective observer.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Did you read Greg Cosell's comments? He's always been an objective observer.
        Yeah, I did. I don’t think he’s wrong or anything.

I think a coach should be hired because he’s the best man for the job. Of course ability to “fix” a player might make him the best man for the job, but if a 28 year old (who may or may not take coaching well) needs to be fixed, hiring a coach based on that 28 year old seems a bit risky.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 01-27-2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Yeah, I did. I don’t think he’s wrong about the mechanics or anything, but I think that similarly to the first stretch without Johnson or any WRs in 2019, all of Wentz’s problems compounded themselves because he didn’t trust anyone in 2020.

This may be semantic, but I think a coach should be hired because he’s the best man for the job. Of course ability to “fix” a player might make him the best man for the job, but if a 28 year old (who may or may not take coaching well) needs to be fixed, hiring a coach based on that 28 year old seems a bit risky.
          The tape shows Wentz is overstriding. The result support the tape. What's the fix?

Comment

Good article. I'm not going to say anything more that might disturb the Wentz snowflakes.

https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelph...x-carson-wentz
            Short answer...no.

Comment

He deserves a lot of credit if he can fix Cartson. I have my doubts that Cartson thinks there is anything that needs fixing.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Does Wentz have the humility to realize he has to go back to day one to fix his mechanics? I know what I think.

Comment

Gotta get back to basics.

Comment

The article lays out a pretty good synopsis of what has basically been kicked around on here ... with varying levels of agreement (or disagreement).
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      The article lays out a pretty good synopsis of what has basically been kicked around on here ... with varying levels of agreement (or disagreement).
                      And now you have to throw in the Brian Johnson hire. He may well be a great quarterback coach but how do you overlook the fact that he's known Hurts for twenty years? They couldn't find a qualified QC without close ties to Hurts? It's naive to think that isn't going to be noticed by Wentz who already feels uncomfortable with the organization. Not a great way to build rebuild trust. Either they have decided to move on from Wentz or they don't know what they're doing.

Comment

And now you have to throw in the Brian Johnson hire. He may well be a great quarterback coach but how do you overlook the fact that he's known Hurts for twenty years? They couldn't find a qualified QC without close ties to Hurts? It's naive to think that isn't going to be noticed by Wentz who already feels uncomfortable with the organization. Not a great way to build rebuild trust. Either they have decided to move on from Wentz or they don't know what they're doing.
                        Or Wentz is a wussy.
                        ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Working...
                        X