Let me explain this trade to you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me explain this trade to you.

You can't compare Stafford to Wentz in this trade. You have to compare Goff to Wentz. In short, you'd have to give up TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS to get rid of him. You aren't going to receive TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS in return for Wentz.
    DB

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    You can't compare Stafford to Wentz in this trade. You have to compare Goff to Wentz. In short, you'd have to give up TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS to get rid of him. You aren't going to receive TWO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS in return for Wentz.
    Then you just keep him since you are eating the money anyway and maybe it works out. No guarantee Hurts is going to amount to anything either, Except for one game he had just as bad of numbers as Wentz did,

Comment

THIS.

Comment

I thought this was obvious lol

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

I know, right?
          DB

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

Then you just keep him since you are eating the money anyway and maybe it works out. No guarantee Hurts is going to amount to anything either, Except for one game he had just as bad of numbers as Wentz did,
            Look at us agreeing and all friendly and all.
            DB

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

I saw some of the responses in the other thread and didn't bother...

Comment

By doing it this way, will we get Watson or Rodgers?
                ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post

By doing it this way, will we get Watson or Rodgers?
                  We get Deondre Hopkings and Bart Starr.
                  DB

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

I saw some of the responses in the other thread and didn't bother...
                    The Rams have a roster that might be able to win a SB with Stafford. Maybe. The Eagles definitely don't. So yeah, if the question is do you give away Wentz and two picks for Stafford, then clearly not. Wentz stunk last year but I'm not sure I'd even trade him straight up for Stafford at this stage in his career.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

As someone pointed out in an article I read and am too lazy to find again ... the point about the trade having Wentz implications is not about who gets what for what ... its about teams being willing to take huge cap hits that were previously thought to be trade breakers.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Look at us agreeing and all friendly and all.
                        It's amazing, stranger things happening in 2021

Comment

Working...
                        X