X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to the GREAT Les Bowen

Les Bowen

@LesBowen
    I've talked to an NFL source, not w/the Eagles, who hears a Wentz trade is close. That isn't first-hand information. I do feel that the longer we go without Wentz saying something like "I'm happy to be an Eagle and excited about playing for Nick Sirianni," the closer we get...
    8:06 AM · Feb 5, 2021·Twitter Web App
    DB

He gone.

Just hoping Howie is able to fleece someone for their 1st rd pick.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
      He gone.

Just hoping Howie is able to fleece someone for their 1st rd pick.
      How embarrassing if we don’t even get a second rounder.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

How embarrassing if we don’t even get a second rounder.
        Yeah I am not sure what the worst starting QB in the league last year is actually worth. Im thinking a 2nd and a late round pick tops.

Comment

Yeah I am not sure what the worst starting QB in the league last year is actually worth. Im thinking a 2nd and a late round pick tops.
          Colts need a QB. They have the cap room. They have Frank Reich, Prrss Taylor and Mike Groh. They also have an offensive line. Their first round pick is only #21.

I say that's where Wentz goes for the first rounder.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Colts need a QB. They have the cap room. They have Frank Reich, Prrss Taylor and Mike Groh. They also have an offensive line. Their first round pick is only #21.

Las Vegas Raiders get Wentz and the Eagles 2d or 3d round pick.
            Eagles get Raiders 1st round #17 and the Raiders 2d or 3d round pick.

Gruden and Maycock love the kid. And they will overpay.
            DB

Comment

Does that mean they take a QB at 6? Quarterback Factory!
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                Does that mean they take a QB at 6? Quarterback Factory!
                I think if the right QB fell to 6 (Fields) they would snag one.

Comment

Terrible. F Howie

Comment

I think if the right QB fell to 6 (Fields) they would snag one.
                    I don't know. I have a hard time seeing Fields as any different than Hurts. They were both in systems in which they were surrounded by superior athletes who kept them clean and got open. That just ain't happening here. I think we (that's right) need someone who can throw into coverage because they're used to doing so. Every read these guys had in college was probably open, if not the first one, certainly the second. Wentz has had a hard time with that too. Maybe they could borrow DMac's flashing strobe glasses or at least some of his dog toys.
                    DB

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

I would do that.

Comment

Apparently Chicago has the best offer on the table. How funny would it be to get their 1st and Foles back.

For everyone who thinks Wentz sucks, funny how so many teams are interested in him. Guess the eagles are the only idiots that don't see the failed the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                          Apparently Chicago has the best offer on the table. How funny would it be to get their 1st and Foles back.

For everyone who thinks Wentz sucks, funny how so many teams are interested in him. Guess the eagles are the only idiots that don't see the failed the kid.
                          That would be hilarious.

My criticism of Wentz has been twofold: (1) His lack of development from 2017 to now; and (2) not really a criticism, but a circumstance: His injuries make him look like he's wearing black high top sneakers and everyone else is Billy White Shoes Johnson. He just looks clunky out there.
                          DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

I don't know. I have a hard time seeing Fields as any different than Hurts. They were both in systems in which they were surrounded by superior athletes who kept them clean and got open. That just ain't happening here. I think we (that's right) need someone who can throw into coverage because they're used to doing so. Every read these guys had in college was probably open, if not the first one, certainly the second. Wentz has had a hard time with that too. Maybe they could borrow DMac's flashing strobe glasses or at least some of his dog toys.
                            Oh I completely agree with you. I think it is a terrible idea to draft another QB at 6. I just think that is what the QB Factory TM will consider doing with the pick once they move on from Wentz.

This team needs to ride with Hurts and see what he has to offer over 16 games with a full offseason of work. If he is not the guy the Eagles will be in a position to draft another QB next year.

Comment

Oh I completely agree with you. I think it is a terrible idea to draft another QB at 6. I just think that is what the QB Factory TM will consider doing with the pick once they move on from Wentz.

This team needs to ride with Hurts and see what he has to offer over 16 games with a full offseason of work. If he is not the guy the Eagles will be in a position to draft another QB next year.
                              Level of Agreement: 1000%
                              DB

Comment

Working...
                              X