• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Doing online CLE

Where do they find these f'ing people?
    DB

My Cousin Vinny one of the professors?
    Imagine that these are the people that can’t get a teaching gig at a community college.
    Even Saul Goodman doesn’t do that shit.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

They have some really odd jabronis doing these things. One that I did yesterday for ethics on some random subject had two obese men at a desk, both with wild hair and ill fitting suits and pronounced lisps. Ninety minutes of that and I was ready to join Wangnutz.
      DB

Comment

I watch a lot of them in my field of practice that are taught by autistic big city biglaw drones. I actually get a lot out of them, maybe because I was an autistic big city biglaw drone for 25 years.

Comment

No you were an idiot savant who could do interest rate swaps without thinking or blinking.
          DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
            No you were an idiot savant who could do interest rate swaps without thinking or blinking.
            I once went to an all day CLE seminar on derivatives. One of the longest days I have spent as a lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

I once went to an all day CLE seminar on derivatives. One of the longest days I have spent as a lawyer.
              I don't mean to be all negative or anything, but I can't differentiate any day as the longest. Every day as a lawyer is the longest. I'm basically a maitre d' at a restaurant. That's my job.
              DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                Where do they find these f'ing people?
                On the government side, the vast majority of our mandatory CLE is minimally interactive web based training. Next button, next button, next button, multiple choice question, rinse repeat, passing certificate. And if you have a double monitor, you can even get productive work done while the narrator drones on.

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post

On the government side, the vast majority of our mandatory CLE is minimally interactive web based training. Next button, next button, next button, multiple choice question, rinse repeat, passing certificate. And if you have a double monitor, you can even get productive work done while the narrator drones on.
                  Dimmy and I remember when there was no CLE requirement. It’s a joke. I used to go to the Chabad Lubavitcher down Fifth Avenue from my office and get free CLE credits and a deli platter listening to lectures on Talmudic law. It was a lot more interesting than Developments in New York City Real Estate Law 2005.
                  Last edited by RSE; 02-05-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

Dimmy and I remember when there was no CLE requirement. It’s a joke. I used to go to the Chabad Lubavitcher down Fifth Avenue from my office and get free CLE credits and a deli platter listening to lectures on Talmudic law. It was a lot more interesting than Developments in New York City Real Estate Law 2005.
                    mos def, I always used to select seminars by snack potential

Back in the day when PA started CLE, you had to go live. When I moved out of state to Ohio I had to go back just for CLE. Ultimately went inactive in PA.
                    DB

Comment

I'm on the "retired" list so I don't have to do them anymore thankfully. But every year my wife waits until the last minute to sign up for them, has some scheduling conflict, and I end up having to half watch it so I can click the button that says you're still there.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I have to do 1.5 hrs ethics. Any recomendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Clemson Foreaker View Post
                          I have to do 1.5 hrs ethics. Any recomendations?
                          https://www.lawline.com/course/cultu...dy-evaluations

(yes this is a joke but you can find something on lawline they have everything)
                          Last edited by Dim Bulb; 02-06-2021, 01:34 PM.
                          DB

Comment

Working...
                          X