Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speed Game. Name your favorite/ best Eagles WR over the last 3 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

He has literally said nothing. If he wants to be in Philly, he could very easily say that and dispell all of the reporting to the contrary. Could be a big smear campaign but that seems odd a year after giving him a big contract and firing Pederson.
    It’s seems like a fair enough conjecture to expect that Wentz doesn’t want to be in Philly.

Putting myself into his shoes and it’s like...
    is this team constructed better or worse since they drafted me?

how is the WR looking?

how old is my o line?

how had the draft been to replace these players?

what’s the timeline to get this team at a SB level?

what’s my current situation like to command the huddle and the team after what transpired this year?

What’s the odds of me having a fabulous year in Indy?

ummm. Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

It’s seems like a fair enough conjecture to expect that Wentz doesn’t want to be in Philly.

Putting myself into his shoes and it’s like...
      is this team constructed better or worse since they drafted me?

how is the WR looking?

how old is my o line?

how had the draft been to replace these players?

what’s the timeline to get this team at a SB level?

what’s my current situation like to command the huddle and the team after what transpired this year?

What’s the odds of me having a fabulous year in Indy?

ummm. Yeah.

You said "fabulous." I just wanted to point that out.
      DB

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

What does your gut say? You really think Wentz is the problem? Wentz deserves so much more than this organization.
        My gut tells me he doesn't want to be here and that there is truth to the reporting. But I have no idea because he's been silent.

I don't think he's the problem with this organization. That's Howie. No doubt Howie has failed to get him weapons. But I also think he played objectively poorly last year and isn't in much of a position to be super butt hurt about being benched.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

You said "fabulous." I just wanted to point that out.
          No matter how gay (not that there’s anything wrong with that) that word is, I will be sure to bump this thread if he goes there. Or better yet, I’ll request that you bump it with comment.
          Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-06-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

How do you think most QBs would have done with this supporting cast? Mahomes wasn't winning anything with this team. Imagine not being able to answer someone when they ask who the best wideout was on this team over the last few years. Instead we want Wentz to get in front of the media and tell us he's happy with everything. The media won't take his words out of context. He's screwed either way. Deshaun Watson asked to be moved (because they didn't surround him with enough talent) but I don't see him getting bashed. Wentz takes the high road and he gets heat? Strange.

Comment

The best wide receiver over the last three years was Alshon Jeffrey.

Comment

How do you think most QBs would have done with this supporting cast? Mahomes wasn't winning anything with this team. Imagine not being able to answer someone when they ask who the best wideout was on this team over the last few years. Instead we want Wentz to get in front of the media and tell us he's happy with everything. The media won't take his words out of context. He's screwed either way. Deshaun Watson asked to be moved (because they didn't surround him with enough talent) but I don't see him getting bashed. Wentz takes the high road and he gets heat? Strange.
                Deshaun gets bashed on the main Clemson board for wanting to be traded. It’s by no means a majority, but there’s a surprising number. I know I read that board and post there. And Deshaun is a god at Clemson, even with the ones who think he should play out his contract in Houston,
                Last edited by RSE; 02-06-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                  The best wide receiver over the last three years was Alshon Jeffrey.
                  Jeffrey had 48 more yards receiving and 4 more TDs over the last three years than Justin Jefferson had this year alone.
                  Last edited by Snakebitten; 02-06-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Deshaun gets bashed on the main Clemson board for wanting to be traded. It’s by no means a majority, but there’s a surprising number. I know I read that board and post there. And Deshaun is a god at Clemson, even with the ones who think he should play out his contract in Houston,
                    We can both agree there's a different media narrative out there outside of a Clemson message board. It's not even close.

Comment

We can both agree there's a different media narrative out there outside of a Clemson message board. It's not even close.
                      You said you don’t see him getting bashed. I do.

Comment

Jeffrey had 48 more yards receiving and 4 more TDs over the last three years than Justin Jefferson had this year alone.
                        Doesn’t change the fact that the answer to DQ’s question is Alshon Jeffrey.

Comment

And if you want me to agree that Howie screwed the pooch by not picking Jefferson and instead picking a Big 12 receiver who is clearly not NFL ready because Howie thinks he is smarter than everyone including his scouting department, hell yes I agree:

Comment

If there is a different narrative it’s probably because Deshaun Watson’s passer rating was 112.4 in 2020 and Wentz’s was 72.8.

Comment

If there is a different narrative it’s probably because Deshaun Watson’s passer rating was 112.4 in 2020 and Wentz’s was 72.8.
                              It's difficult to compare the two because of their supporting casts. After the best wideout in the league left his team, Will Fuller was on pace for 1,278 yards and 12 TDs while Jeffrey had 115 yards and 1 TD. When Wentz had a #1 wideout, he was the MVP. It's a shame they're going to trade a franchise QB without ever seeing how he'd do with a #1 wideout. All I know is I saw a lot of #1 wideouts during the playoffs. Some teams had three wideouts on their team better than any of the ones here. Oh well. Hurts should be able to run an offense without wideouts like he did in college. Oh wait, he's never played a game without a #1 wideout in college. Oops.

Comment

It's difficult to compare the two because of their supporting casts. After the best wideout in the league left his team, Will Fuller was on pace for 1,278 yards and 12 TDs while Jeffrey had 115 yards and 1 TD. When Wentz had a #1 wideout, he was the MVP. It's a shame they're going to trade a franchise QB without ever seeing how he'd do with a #1 wideout. All I know is I saw a lot of #1 wideouts during the playoffs. Some teams had three wideouts on their team better than any of the ones here. Oh well. Hurts should be able to run an offense without wideouts like he did in college. Oh wait, he's never played a game without a #1 wideout in college. Oops.
                                We will never know, but I firmly believe Deshaun Watson would have had better than a 72.8 rating with the Eagles this year,

Comment

Working...
                                X