Oline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oline

...even the best QB in the game can’t do a thing without one...

Yep. Wentz better hope he goes to Indy rather than Chicago.
    ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Well Patrick has played poorly in both of his SB appearances.
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
        Well Patrick has played poorly in both of his SB appearances.
        I was mainly referencing our team, but point taken.

If they somehow get an extra first from Carson, one of those picks has to be OL.

Comment

I'll say it again, Mahomes wouldn't have won anything here with this current Eagles supporting staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
            ...even the best QB in the game can’t do a thing without one...
            Yeah, Andy Reid and Mahomes looked like chumps without an OL. Now that Howie has jettisoned Gomer, he might want to think twice before he gets rid of Carson. Maybe draft Pennei. And yet in Carson's case I still have that nagging doubt when I remember those missed sideline throws and RB throws. They were quick no-read patterns and he was pretty consistently missing them. Well, glad I'm not the GM.
            DB

Comment

It's hard for me to see them going Sewell at #6. Mailata actually looks like a good pick and there's already a logjam at LT with Dillard on the roster. Unforunately, Kelce, Brooks, and Johnson can't be counted on much longer, but I can't see them drafting their replacements just yet. At least not in the first round.

Comment

This gives me some optimism about the Eagles not being terribly far off - building both lines has been a priority for some time. Oline is not even close to as bad as this year once they get healthy, best RT and RG in the league, all-pro center(though clock is ticking), and hopefully Dillard can reach his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  It's hard for me to see them going Sewell at #6. Mailata actually looks like a good pick and there's already a logjam at LT with Dillard on the roster. Unforunately, Kelce, Brooks, and Johnson can't be counted on much longer, but I can't see them drafting their replacements just yet. At least not in the first round.
                  if Sewell is there at 6 that means Chase is most likely off the board. I'm running that pick in. That being said... I don't think it matters.
                  Last edited by Greenstealth; 02-08-2021, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                    This gives me some optimism about the Eagles not being terribly far off

Comment

I guess I could've waited for gobfather to post this in a couple of days, but fwiw... the dilemma seems to be that the FO likes Carson's skillset but not his coachability. Interesting thing I heard during the Tom Brady worship yesterday was that when he got to TB he told them to "coach him hard." Could be just what he heard Gisele say once, but interesting nonetheless.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/anonymo...140841901.html
                      DB

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

Yea yea I know a well earned Sam. Teams turn it around quickly in the NFL and the Eagles have great players on both lines just let me hold onto the little optimism I have left.

Comment

When Wentz goes, this team will be the furthest away from competing it has been since the Vick years. This team is loaded with declining assets. Since the CGM can't draft, this team would be lucky to have a handful of players with their best years ahead of them. I'm being generous with that statement. Now, they have an entirely new coaching staff led by Brett Brown 2.0. I've mentioned this before but this is a perfect storm for a tank. The next logical step is to start moving those declining assets and try to salvage something before they become entirely useless (Slay, Cox, Graham is overrated but there might be a sucker). Lurie indirectly told everyone that this was going to be a rebuild. He wasn't lying. There's nothing they can do this offseason to compete this season. A perfect draft won't even make this team a playoff team. The CGM screwed up the cap so he can't even cover up his drafting snafus anymore. They need to Hinkie the next two seasons at the very least.
                          Last edited by Snakebitten; 02-08-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

Yea yea I know a well earned Sam. Teams turn it around quickly in the NFL and the Eagles have great players on both lines just let me hold onto the little optimism I have left.
                            I’m pretty sure the Bucs were 7-9 last season.

I don’t have much optimism, but you’re correct...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

if Sewell is there at 6 that means Chase is most likely off the board. I'm running that pick in. That being said... I don't think it matters.
                              Yup. The dude is gonna be very good. Take the best WR available with the Carson pick...

Comment

Working...
                              X