No announcement yet.

If I'm owner Jeffrey, I'm taking Wentz's 33M dead-cap hit out of Howie's salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm owner Jeffrey, I'm taking Wentz's 33M dead-cap hit out of Howie's salary

NO DOUBT
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

You definitely have a keen grasp on the inner workings of NFL finances.

Comment

Just fire him and call it even.
      ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

I mean the reason this trade was made is so that the eagles don’t have that cap hit in 2022. They are currently 71 mil under.

Although I do agree the contract was terrible given all we know now.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
          I mean the reason this trade was made is so that the eagles don’t have that cap hit in 2022. They are currently 71 mil under.

Although I do agree the contract was terrible given all we know now.
          The reason the trade was made was because the qb doesn't want to be on this dogshit team.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

The reason the trade was made was because the qb doesn't want to be on this dogshit team.
            Both can be true.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

Both can be true.
              So you think the eagles were trading Wentz even if Wentz didn't push for it? 34,000,000 is a lot of money

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

So you think the eagles were trading Wentz even if Wentz didn't push for it? 34,000,000 is a lot of money
                After the season he just had I think the Eagles saw that Carson is toast here. The Eagle's probably view this upcoming season as a wash and a good opportunity to shed some bad contracts (including Carson's) and get younger at some positions. Hopefully it will be used as a litmus test for Hurts then either rebuild or retool based on the results in 2022.

Wentz pushing for the trade only helped speed up the process IMO and they definitely had a deadline to get it done before he was due his roster bonus in March 20th or whatever date it is.
                Last edited by broadstreetparade; 02-19-2021, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                  You definitely have a keen grasp on the inner workings of NFL finances.
                  LOL, that's why I make the BIG bucks

YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Working...
                  X