• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dak > Mahomes

Atta boy, Jerruh!!

Bye Bye Salary Cap

Comment

I hate to say it but I don't see how this is a bad deal for Dallas. 22 million against the cap this year - 13th among QBs. 33 next year - 7th among QBs currently, but will probably be surpassed. 2023 cap number is very high but I imagine they'll push some of that money into 2024.

I think Dak is a pretty good QB. Obviously he's had a good supporting cast for most of his career, but I always got the impression that Eagles fans really harped on that as a way of defending Wentz.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        I hate to say it but I don't see how this is a bad deal for Dallas. 22 million against the cap this year - 13th among QBs. 33 next year - 7th among QBs currently, but will probably be surpassed. 2023 cap number is very high but I imagine they'll push some of that money into 2024.

I think Dak is a pretty good QB. Obviously he's had a good supporting cast for most of his career, but I always got the impression that Eagles fans really harped on that as a way of defending Wentz.
        Dallas has a QB that is good enough to win a Super Bowl - not ideal. I think it is a good thing they did not win jack(1 playoff game) in the rookie contract window for Dak and Elliot - now it gets harder for them to build a team around the QB. Also thankful the Eagles won a SB during Wentz rookie window - next year they will be in that same window again which seems to be the formula.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          I always thought he'd be good only with a stellar supporting cast and unfortunately they seem to have put that together. Put him on the Bills and I don't think he carries a team like Josh Allen. But three good wideouts, an up and coming TE, and Elliott.. I had hoped TE would just be a wasteland with Witten and nobody else, that Cooper wouldn't work out, definitely didn't want them to get Lamb. If it was just Dak and Zeke I don't think they storm the league.

The only consolations are maybe Zeke will do some dumb crap again off the field and lose a few games, or get a bad attitude and be sluggish and Cooper can only seem to play well at home.
          Also that defense was atrocious, maybe it was a covid thing and/or they let up knowing they didn't have Dak, but if they play like they did last year it cancels out a lot of the offense.

Comment

Working...
          X