No announcement yet.

Howie tried to trade up to 3 for QB Zack Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sick and tired of both Howie and Lurie running things. They needed to stay at #6 and draft a can't miss WR and give Hurts someone to throw to to be successful. Howie always thinks he's being so cute and the smartest person in the room and picks someone who has everyone scratching their heads. I still remember the video of the Vikings draft room laughing when they saw Howie pick Reagor and left Jefferson sitting in their laps.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

Right. He was set him up to fail with organizational incompetencies regarding personnel acquisitions over the course of five years.

Kind of long-winded though.
      This may be true but they didn't run him out of town. Closer to the opposite. He said he questioned wanting to be here the minute he was benched. They fired the coach who benched him. He still forced a trade. Sure, Howie is the problem, but Carson quit.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Right. He was set him up to fail with organizational incompetencies regarding personnel acquisitions over the course of five years.

Kind of long-winded though.
        He had a bad season and ran away like a little baby to his mother.. The horrible organization made the playoffs three times and won the Superbowl over the course of five years.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

This may be true but they didn't run him out of town. Closer to the opposite. He said he questioned wanting to be here the minute he was benched. They fired the coach who benched him. He still forced a trade. Sure, Howie is the problem, but Carson quit.
          I agree. They didn’t run him out of town. They set him up to fail and forced his hand if you agree with Tony Dungy.

Comment

We are stuck with Howie.

Howie and Laurie have their "jobs" regardless of their bad decisions. Failing at every junction to improve or sustain the team that won in 17, While putting the team/onus on Carsons back, as well as the coaching staff with a goal to repeat in 18 & 19. Same goal in '20. Same bad decisions by Howffrey(we could all come up with list that we could all agree on,right?). Same onus(s), while losing faith in Carson & letting him know it(Fair but stupid).
            Without condoning the sabotage, I can't fully blame Carson for his attitude to Sour
            while Howffrey has the job security to make blatant and redundant mistakes which directly affect Carson ability to succeed.
            Last edited by joydivision; 03-28-2021, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

He had a bad season and ran away like a little baby to his mother.. The horrible organization made the playoffs three times and won the Superbowl over the course of five years.
              This organization was on a race to the bottom with poor personnel decisions over the past 5 years. And so here we are.

Do you wish Wentz were here? Are you glad he’s gone? Are you saying he’s a little baby which in turn will make him a detriment in Indy?

Don’t be a Wentz detractor and then a scorned women once he leaves.

Comment

Having said that. Carson from the beginning happily accepted that roll. And buckled physically and then mentally in front us. KILL-KILL KILL-KILL KILL-KILL KILL-KILL KILL-KILL

Comment

I agree. They didn’t run him out of town. They set him up to fail and forced his hand if you agree with Tony Dungy.
                  I struggle a little with the notion that they forced his hand. Sure, they did him no favors from a personnel standpoint but he made a choice. Samecwas true for McNabb for many years. He could have tried to stick it out with the organization that gave him a huge contract and fired the SB winning coach that benched him. It's fine that he wanted out, but I'm not shedding any tears for him.

Comment

I struggle a little with the notion that they forced his hand. Sure, they did him no favors from a personnel standpoint but he made a choice. Samecwas true for McNabb for many years. He could have tried to stick it out with the organization that gave him a huge contract and fired the SB winning coach that benched him. It's fine that he wanted out, but I'm not shedding any tears for him.
                    Ok. But the bottom line is this. If you were Wentz , would you have forced a trade out to the Colts, or would you stay put with the current hand you were dealt in Philly?

Last edited by Drama Queen; 03-28-2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

This organization was on a race to the bottom with poor personnel decisions over the past 5 years. And so here we are.

Do you wish Wentz were here? Are you glad he’s gone? Are you saying he’s a little baby which in turn will make him a detriment in Indy?

Don’t be a Wentz detractor and then a scorned women once he leaves.
                      You still on your period about Wentz? You can always follow him to a great organization like the Colts. I hear that Jim Irsay runs a helluva tight ship. Carson might even share his tampons with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

You still on your period about Wentz? You can always follow him to a great organization like the Colts. I hear that Jim Irsay runs a helluva tight ship. Carson might even share his tampons with you.
                        scorned

it wasn’t my intention to insult you (but I did it, and I accept full responsibility, and it’s kind of funny) but my point is, Lurie is accountable for this mess. He responsible for it. Carson made the right decision. He’s not the villain. I believe minds around the NFL are laughing (which they literally have) and know where the fingers need to be pointed.

second tier FA’s
                        sexond tier coaches

the word is out. The Eagles are a shoddy organization right now

Last edited by Drama Queen; 03-28-2021, 12:44 PM. Reason: Edit to add

Comment

Ok. But the bottom line is this. If you were Wentz , would you have forced a trade out to the Colts, or would you stay put with the current hand you were dealt in Philly?

I don't know. I can totally understand having zero faith in Howie. That's how I feel. But that terrible GM gave him $120 million.

I'd probably feel odd forcing my way out after playing as poorly as he did last year. Lack of weapons or not, he didn't play well. He's started one playoff game and has won zero. I might feel like I still had unfinished business with the Eagles.

Comment

I don't know. I can totally understand having zero faith in Howie. That's how I feel. But that terrible GM gave him $120 million.

I'd probably feel odd forcing my way out after playing as poorly as he did last year. Lack of weapons or not, he didn't play well. He's started one playoff game and has won zero. I might feel like I still had unfinished business with the Eagles.
                            That terrible GM doesn’t get a pass for doing his job and handing out fair (team friendly) contracts to players.

I don’t buy the tough-it-out and prove to everyone your mettle when he was set up to fail. Bottom line: they set his ass up to fail and Lurie said so much when he eluded to the all-in-now excuse over the last three years regarding personnel acquisitions in their effort to win championship.

it’s an excuse because their collective draft picks have been a big fail and had nothing to do with winning now.

it’s a bullshit shit show.

Comment

Absolutely would have felt better with these guys just taking a consensus pick at #6, a good player that everyone else agrees should star in the league. Any position.

Now they just have more draft picks to mess up with their own choices who won't even be in the league at all.

Comment

scorned

it wasn’t my intention to insult you (but I did it, and I accept full responsibility, and it’s kind of funny) but my point is, Lurie is accountable for this mess. He responsible for it. Carson made the right decision. He’s not the villain. I believe minds around the NFL are laughing (which they literally have) and know where the fingers need to be pointed.

second tier FA’s
                                sexond tier coaches

the word is out. The Eagles are a shoddy organization right now
                                I didn't mean to insult you either. Just banter. I'm not going to run off to Indianapolis.

Lurie is accountable. Howie is accountable. Carson doesn't like being accountable.

When I get my ass kicked, I want a rematch. Even if I know my team is outgunned. Obviously that isn't Carson. I predict he's retired by age 31.

Comment

Working...
                                X