Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Howie still angling to get Wilson?

Glenn ErbyFri, April 2, 2021, 10:47 AM

The Philadelphia Eagles traded down in the draft, accumulated picks, and are sitting pretty with assets over the next two years.
    The Athletic recently broke down the NFL landscape for all 32 NFL teams post-free agency and entering the stretch-run towards the draft.
    One league executive told The Athletic that Philadelphia’s loading up on assets to either build around Jalen Hurts or make one final run at Russell Wilson in 2022 if Seattle looks to move on.
    “All they’re doing is stockpiling picks for next year, so they can get weapons for Jalen Hurts or acquire one of the top two overall picks to draft a quarterback,” an exec said. “And I would put Philly in the driver’s seat for Russell Wilson next year if Seattle moves him. That would have Howie Roseman written all over it.”

The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

I love Wilson but I'd pass on trading multiple 1sts for him at age 34.

Comment

Hope not, just think of it this way WHY would a team trade away it's franchise QB ? must be a reason, same as Andy did with McNabb.

Comment

The Athletic trolling for clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
          Hope not, just think of it this way WHY would a team trade away it's franchise QB ? must be a reason, same as Andy did with McNabb.
          agreed it’s a red flag, there must be a reason right? A team doesn’t just trade a franchise QB for no reason. Seahawks looking to unload Wilson tells me he might’ve been the worst QB in the league last year and went looking for the exit door literally the moment he was benched - oh wait that was someone else!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

agreed it’s a red flag, there must be a reason right? A team doesn’t just trade a franchise QB for no reason. Seahawks looking to unload Wilson tells me he might’ve been the worst QB in the league last year and went looking for the exit door literally the moment he was benched - oh wait that was someone else!
            Impolite Bwahahaha!
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Lol perfect

Comment

Lol, like a dog with a bone

Comment

Roob’s take, which, by the way makes a lot of sense.
                  As for me, the QB that won the Super Bowl was how old?

” I don’t think it’ll happen, but I’d trade three 1st-round picks for Russell Wilson. In a New York second. Why would a rebuilding team want a 32-year-old quarterback? Because Wilson might play at a high level until he’s 50. He’s never missed a game in his life and has shown no sign of slowing down. On the contrary. He had one of his best seasons last year - career highs with 40 touchdowns and 69 percent completion, missed his career-high for passing yards by seven and averaged 6.2 yards per run - above his career average. His 107.2 passer rating over the last three years is highest in NFL history by a player in his 30s. I like Jalen Hurts and think he has a chance to be a winner in this league, but Wilson is a Hall of Famer in his prime. If you can get him, you go get him.”
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

NO MORE QB CONTROVERSY. STICK WITH HURTS, BUILD A TEAM AROUND HIM WITH THE DRAUGHT PICKS.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                      Roob’s take, which, by the way makes a lot of sense.
                      As for me, the QB that won the Super Bowl was how old?

” I don’t think it’ll happen, but I’d trade three 1st-round picks for Russell Wilson. In a New York second. Why would a rebuilding team want a 32-year-old quarterback? Because Wilson might play at a high level until he’s 50. He’s never missed a game in his life and has shown no sign of slowing down. On the contrary. He had one of his best seasons last year - career highs with 40 touchdowns and 69 percent completion, missed his career-high for passing yards by seven and averaged 6.2 yards per run - above his career average. His 107.2 passer rating over the last three years is highest in NFL history by a player in his 30s. I like Jalen Hurts and think he has a chance to be a winner in this league, but Wilson is a Hall of Famer in his prime. If you can get him, you go get him.”
                      So I do think this team would have made the playoffs with Wilson last year. But even though Wilson doesn’t really run anymore, his elusiveness is still special and his play could slip when he loses that. It seems like trading for him isn’t an option until he’s 34, so the window with him would be pretty small.

As far as him playing until he’s 50 goes...sometimes I wonder how sports writers manage to get paid. Only one QB ever has played well after age 41.
                      Last edited by art vandelay; 04-04-2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

That was obviously an exaggeration, but I believe everyone gets the point.
                        And there would be no QB controversy. We all know who the starter would be.
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                          That was obviously an exaggeration, but I believe everyone gets the point.
                          And there would be no QB controversy. We all know who the starter would be.
                          Sure would be nice for Hurts to make this all a moot point and have 3 first rounders next year to use for other needs.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                          X