Harper takes one in the face.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harper takes one in the face.

Holy shit that looked ugly. Then Didi takes one to the ribs.
    How that Cardinals pitcher isn’t tossed is lunacy.
    Hey Slizz. Did you watch the game? I’d be curious to hear the Cards announcers take on all of it.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

I was actually putting the kid to bed during the actual face shot, but I caught before and after. Dan McLaughlan is the voice of the Cardinals and he does a pretty good job. I've done a few projects with him and we got to sit and talk baseball for quite a while, including an extensive conversation about Harry and Whitey. So, given that familiarity, I was very interested to hear how he'd handle it.

Throughout the night he kept saying "We hope to hear an update on Bryce Harper." He basically made it sound like the Cardinals hands were tied. If they weren't going to eject Cabrera, he had to face three batters.

Then they dedicated a few minutes to talking about why Sam Coonrod was screaming at the Cardinal bench.

Ended the broadcast with "Tomorrow could be very interesting..."

So all the shit talk I've been doing with my buddies here aside, the three-batter rule (as well as most of the musical rule changes in MLB) needs to go away.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Loved it when Girardi did the motion for tossing the umpire. That made me lol.
      Harper did a FaceTime chat later in the night and said that the CT scan was negative and that he was doing ok.
      Ricky Bo was livid during the post game show. He said that someone should have thrown at one of the Cards. Warning or no warning. Should be interesting tonight.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
      X