What's with the Sixers schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the Sixers schedule?

They are in Atlanta for the next two games, don't need any travel days yet there is no game this weekend...just Friday and then Monday. Seems a bit odd not taking advantage of the fans being home during the coveted weekend slots.
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Short answer is that this is how the NBA maximizes viewership.

Longer answer is that they do this with "early" West Coast games Saturday and Sunday. If the Sixers were to play on Sunday, that would bump Nets/Bucks back to Saturday. It's probably easier to attract viewers on a Sunday afternoon than a Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      Short answer is that this is how the NBA maximizes viewership.

Longer answer is that they do this with "early" West Coast games Saturday and Sunday. If the Sixers were to play on Sunday, that would bump Nets/Bucks back to Saturday. It's probably easier to attract viewers on a Sunday afternoon than a Saturday.
      I should've known...answer is always $$$
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Yea we can play back to back during season, but let's have 3 off days during playoffs. Just another thing pissing my old ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
          Yea we can play back to back during season, but let's have 3 off days during playoffs. Just another thing pissing my old ass off.
          WHY?
          GIVES THE BIG MAN REST. NOT GOING TO WIN WITHOUT HIM.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

WHY?
            GIVES THE BIG MAN REST. NOT GOING TO WIN WITHOUT HIM.
            This. I was thinking the same thing. The schedule is great for the Sixers. JoJo can get treatment on his knee. That is nothing but a plus.
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post

This. I was thinking the same thing. The schedule is great for the Sixers. JoJo can get treatment on his knee. That is nothing but a plus.
              Exactly. It’s also looking like the Bucks Nets series might go to 7, which would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Exactly. It’s also looking like the Bucks Nets series might go to 7, which would be huge.
                Embiid looked off tonight, which isn’t good. Hopefully he feels better.

--------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  He’s definitely hurting. The Sixers are in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    That was an awful loss. I’m trying not to be reactionary here but between how obviously hurt and frustrated Embiid was, I don’t like that last play going to him. I wasn’t even sure about him coming into the game with 7+ left.

Against my better judgment, I’ll say Sixers in 6. I couldn’t stand watching this series go 7.

Comment

Working...
                    X