Burger King says 90 percent chance Watson to Birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burger King says 90 percent chance Watson to Birds

Not sure what I think about this other than it would fit in perfectly with the Eagles M.O.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Here's what I think: I think I'd rather have Carson back than DW. Why? First, because he doesn't seem to understand how to treat women. That's huge. Okay, let's assume he gets religion and apologizes and does a Mike Vick. The second unstoppable, immovable reason is this: HE GOT SIDEWAYS WITH MANAGEMENT WHEN THEY HIRED A GM WITHOUT HIS INPUT!!! That doesn't go away. He told them he wanted to be traded because they disrespected him because he had no input. WTF do we want another player who needs more control and gets all pouty about not making management decisions? No thanks. Keep the three first rounders and see what Jalen's got.

Don't argue with me. I'm right.
    DB

Comment

Burger King has a direct line to the Reclamation King
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
        Here's what I think: I think I'd rather have Carson back than DW. Why? First, because he doesn't seem to understand how to treat women. That's huge. Okay, let's assume he gets religion and apologizes and does a Mike Vick. The second unstoppable, immovable reason is this: HE GOT SIDEWAYS WITH MANAGEMENT WHEN THEY HIRED A GM WITHOUT HIS INPUT!!! That doesn't go away. He told them he wanted to be traded because they disrespected him because he had no input. WTF do we want another player who needs more control and gets all pouty about not making management decisions? No thanks. Keep the three first rounders and see what Jalen's got.

In fairness, the guy you want back shut down mentally after getting benched and forced a trade after they fired the coach for him.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Let's suppose I'm the in-house general counsel at a corporation, and we've just got slammed with a major lawsuit. There's Putt Putt LLP, a local, well regarded firm who we have used for litigation matters before, and the are very competent and provide top client service, but this would be the biggest litigation they have handled for us. Do I hire Putt Putt LLC? Or do I hire the nationally recognized New York law firm of Dewey Cheatham & Howe, who will charge $1000/an hour and bill twice as many hours to do the same job as Putt Putt. If I hire Putt Putt, and we lose the lawsuit, the board will ask me why I didn't hire Dewey Cheatham & Howe and might fire me. But if I hire Dewey Cheatham & Howe and we lose the lawsuit, nobody will ever blame me.

Howlo will hire Dewey Cheatham & Howe.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Not sure what I think about this other than it would fit in perfectly with the Eagles M.O.
            Meh. I’d rather see if Hurts is good enough to get three non-QBs with those picks.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Maybe bring in Vick as a coach. Sorta like the qb whisper?

Comment

IF BK SAID IT, GUESS THAT MEANS HE'S PLAYING FOR CFL.
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I have to agree with Dim Bulb. Trading for DW would be a huge mistake. He's a horrible human being who has treated women horribly. He has 22 civil lawsuits looming over him from women who accuse him of sexual misconduct. I would much rather give Hurts a chance to see what he can do. If he doesn't live up to our hopes, we have probably three #1 picks next year to work with to find a starting qb.

Comment

McCarthy, yeah I was taking as a given that we would all rather have a bad case of body lice than have Carson back. I should've said, "I'd rather have body lice than DW..."

RSE Although I agree with you, I don't understand which play, Hurts or DW, is the safe play. I could argue either way. And everyone including you knows that Sand & Gravel or Rough & Reddy are far superior firms.
                    DB

Comment

McCarthy, yeah I was taking as a given that we would all rather have a bad case of body lice than have Carson back. I should've said, "I'd rather have body lice than DW..."

RSE Although I agree with you, I don't understand which play, Hurts or DW, is the safe play. I could argue either way. And everyone including you knows that Sand & Gravel or Rough & Reddy are far superior firms.
                      I am in the Hurts camp. Give him the year.

Comment

I can't see this. Give Hurts a chance. I have positive vibes about the guy. This is his chance, and what if he does well?

Comment

Originally posted by Mt Iggle View Post
                          I can't see this. Give Hurts a chance. I have positive vibes about the guy. This is his chance, and what if he does well?
                          YESIREEBOB.
                          HURTS IS OUR GUY. BUILD AROUND HIM.
                          BUT HE NEEDS A NICKNAME.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

I am in the Hurts camp. Give him the year.
                            I have serious problems with the process that got the Eagles to this place but this is the correct decision now.

I would not have traded Wentz. I don't like the policy of letting players ignore contacts. Wentz should have been challenged to man up and prove he's a top of the first round NFL QB.

I don't believe he would have conceded the job. The Eagles made it easy for him.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Could not agree more, everyone was throwing Herrera under the bus when the Phillies kept him and now you want a guy with 22 law suits against him for sexual misconduct ( PASS ! )

Comment

Working...
                              X