Eagles and the NFL need to crack down on Covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles and the NFL need to crack down on Covid 19

Ban fans from the stadiums in 2021-2022. It’s their civic duty.

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    Ban fans from the stadiums in 2021-2022. It’s their civic duty.
    It was people's civic duty to get their shots. So my opinion is - ban fans from the stands, who have not gotten them. Let's begin to get back to normal.

Comment

The delta variant can spread and kill through children that are not of age to receive a vaccination. Vaccinated people are catching the variant as well. The venue is a super spreader. Many establishments require masks of vaccinated people once again.

Their monetary greed shouldn’t supersede their civic duty.

Comment

From what I understand, most stadiums will be open 100%.
        For the most part, vaccinated people, who get infected by the variant, have symptoms that are VERY minor.

Comment

Originally posted by John S View Post
          From what I understand, most stadiums will be open 100%.
          For the most part, vaccinated people, who get infected by the variant, have symptoms that are VERY minor.

“The rate of new cases of COVID-19 in Philadelphia has rapidly increased due to the spread of the delta variant of the virus, Acting Health Commissioner Cheryl Bettigole said Tuesday.

The rate of new cases is about as high as it was last summer, Bettigole said, but has risen more rapidly in a short period of time compared to last year. “

8/3/21 - Philadelphia Inquirer

There is also a new Delta-Plus and Lambda variant. It’s not a great idea to have weekly NFL super spreader events to find out how well vaccinations work against these new variants.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            The delta variant can spread and kill through children that are not of age to receive a vaccination. Vaccinated people are catching the variant as well. The venue is a super spreader. Many establishments require masks of vaccinated people once again.

Their monetary greed shouldn’t supersede their civic duty.
            Civic duty? Tell that to the millions of people who believe their 'personal freedom' means that everyone else can go fuck themselves! Selfishness and abandoning logic and reason in the process is why we didn't get a handle on COVID a year ago. I keep reading articles about people who ranted against the vaccine seeing the light just before COVID killed them, too little too late, all because these assholes think they know more than they do. A GOP leader in Texas just died at 45, left behind a baby boy, and four days before his death he was still criticizing the vaccine. Radio host in Florida, same thing, but at least this guy told his family before he died, GET THE SHOT! It pains me to watch Americans dying from sheer stupidity, but they are. Now some GOP leaders are starting to call for vaccines because they realize their voters are dying, again, too little too late.
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

Civic duty? Tell that to the millions of people who believe their 'personal freedom' means that everyone else can go fuck themselves! Selfishness and abandoning logic and reason in the process is why we didn't get a handle on COVID a year ago. I keep reading articles about people who ranted against the vaccine seeing the light just before COVID killed them, too little too late, all because these assholes think they know more than they do. A GOP leader in Texas just died at 45, left behind a baby boy, and four days before his death he was still criticizing the vaccine. Radio host in Florida, same thing, but at least this guy told his family before he died, GET THE SHOT! It pains me to watch Americans dying from sheer stupidity, but they are. Now some GOP leaders are starting to call for vaccines because they realize their voters are dying, again, too little too late.
              This is the direct result of an education system that has failed far too many people in this country.

Comment

Florida and Floridians need to clean up their own mess before offering advice to others.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

You make it sound like unvaccinated people are predominantly Republicans and/ or the reason for so many unvaccinated are because of Republicans. I don’t know, so I’ll ask: is this statistically true?

I could tell the world of their civic duty, but the reality is today. And today means the NFL is on schedule to hold weekly Super Spreader Events that will increase the probability of spreading the Covid variants around, which increases the ability of mutation. You for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                    Florida and Floridians need to clean up their own mess before offering advice to others.

What does me living Florida have to do with suggesting the Eagles and the NFL ban their weekly Super Spreader Events throughout the country?

Are you mad at the suggestion? Just trying to understand the childish playground logic.

Comment

Not in the least, and it is not JUST republicans dying from it, but it is spiking most heavily in conservative areas. If we were truly civilized, we would recognize this as a public health crisis. We are a selfish people these days, and it gets in the way of acting for the betterment of society, instead of just ourselves. You don't think Repub rhetoric since this started, playing it down, saying it is nothing worse than the flu, did not instigate and propagate the anti-vaxxers? The whole anti-vax movement is based on debunked theories by questionable scientists, there is plenty of proof they work and have helped eradicate several deadly diseases. Some people just don't want to accept they may be wrong, they think it makes them weak. Actually, it takes more strength to admit you are wrong than it does to defend your stance in the face of evidence that debunks it. As usual, about a third of our citizenry are ignoring reality in favor of their beliefs, and that is why we are such a mess.The NFL should mandate vaccines for players staff and fans to watch the games, that's my stance. This illusion of lost freedom of choice is a joke, sometimes society has to force the ones hell bent on self-destruction to do what is in the best interest of everyone. The ones that really lose are the ones that really can't take the vaccine for medical issues, they are the ones that really need the rest of us to step up to protect them.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

This is the direct result of an education system that has failed far too many people in this country.
                        John D Rockefeller said " I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers"

The modern public school system was spearheaded by men who thought just like this, give them enough education to work for us, but not enough that they challenge our authority. Now some states are actually 'mandating' that history that criticizes this country can't be taught, talk about cancel culture.

Comment

Not in the least, and it is not JUST republicans dying from it, but it is spiking most heavily in conservative areas. If we were truly civilized, we would recognize this as a public health crisis. We are a selfish people these days, and it gets in the way of acting for the betterment of society, instead of just ourselves. You don't think Repub rhetoric since this started, playing it down, saying it is nothing worse than the flu, did not instigate and propagate the anti-vaxxers? The whole anti-vax movement is based on debunked theories by questionable scientists, there is plenty of proof they work and have helped eradicate several deadly diseases. Some people just don't want to accept they may be wrong, they think it makes them weak. Actually, it takes more strength to admit you are wrong than it does to defend your stance in the face of evidence that debunks it. As usual, about a third of our citizenry are ignoring reality in favor of their beliefs, and that is why we are such a mess.The NFL should mandate vaccines for players staff and fans to watch the games, that's my stance. This illusion of lost freedom of choice is a joke, sometimes society has to force the ones hell bent on self-destruction to do what is in the best interest of everyone. The ones that really lose are the ones that really can't take the vaccine for medical issues, they are the ones that really need the rest of us to step up to protect them.
                          The CDC provides geographic and demographic (race) statistics of the unvaccinated. There are no political affiliation statistics but people are more that willing to suggest an unsupported conjecture. Happens a lot.

Pfizer is a month away from FDA approval for a 3rd booster shot. Moderna is requesting approval for a 3rd booster shot to combat the Delta variant. But the NFL is apparently uncompromising and thus willing to severely risk public health with their Super Spreader Events. That is the reality today. Who is going to be selfish today?

Comment

John D Rockefeller said " I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers"

The modern public school system was spearheaded by men who thought just like this, give them enough education to work for us, but not enough that they challenge our authority. Now some states are actually 'mandating' that history that criticizes this country can't be taught, talk about cancel culture.
                            Are you talking specifically about Critical Race Theory?

Comment

I assume Obama's 60th birthday party with 500 guests and 200 staff isn't considered a super spreader event, well you know, because he's a Dem and rules for thee but not for me lol Lollapalooza saw 385,000 people attend the 3 day festival last weekend in murder capitol Chicago but again I assume we will not consider that a super spreader event as it took place in a Dem run City where once again rules for thee but not for me! So ya, not really the conservative areas that you speak of or "conservatives" per say that are outliers here. If I am no mistaken, Covid is most prevalent in mostly Dem run cities and states but I digress keep watching Don Lemon, Juice Monkey Cuomo and Crack head Maddow for your brilliant insight lol Ban the fans but put the players at risk so you can drink beer an get fat watching a sport, brilliant!!! Why not shut down the world, crash the banking system and hide in a bunker till there is nothing left that can kill you and an alarming rate of 0.097%. (That includes all the people listed as covid deaths that didn't even die of the disease) Shit, a dude jumps in front of a subway and they list it a a covid death lol. 1200 people die daily in the US of heart disease associated to obesity are we placing restrictions or banning sugars, donuts, alcohol or smoking for fat people till the numbers come down? Fuck, don't leave your homes no one is forcing you to attend. Everyone going is assuming their own risk I thought people had freedoms to make their own decisions.

Comment

Working...
                              X