I think I've posted this before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I've posted this before

These are all the linebackers the Eagles have drafted since they drafted Jeremiah Trotter in 1998:

Barry Gardner (2d 1999)
    Quinton Caver (2d 2001)
    Tyreo Harrison (6th 2002)
    Matt McCoy (2d 2005) (legend has it that someone told the Haberdasher that the linebacker from San Diego St. was really good and so Joe drafted McCoy instead of Kirk Morrison)
    David Bergeron (7th 2005)
    Omar Gaither (5th 2006) (actually started games)
    Stewbum Bradley (3d 2007)
    Bryan Smith (3d 2008) (never played a down)
    Joe Mays (6th 2008)
    Andy Studebaker (6th 2008)
    Moise Fokou (7th 2009)
    Keenan Clayton (4th 2010)
    Jamaar Chaney (7th 2010)
    Casey ("Fredo") Matthews (4th 2011) (the Eagles drafted Watkins, Jarrett, Alex Henery and Fredo in the first four rounds; FF was fired 18 months later)
    Brian Rolle (6th 2011)
    Greg Lloyd (7th 2001) (you'd think by now they would hit on one by accident)
    Mychal Kendricks (2d 2012) (Bobby Wagner was drafted with the next pick and Lavonte David was drafted eleven picks later)
    Mucus Smith (1st 2014)
    Jordan Hicks (3d 2015) (probably the cream of this miserable crop)
    Joe Walker (7th 2016)
    Nathan Gerry (5th 2017) (played safety in college)
    Davion Taylor (3d 2020)
    Shaun Bradley (6th 2020)
    Nakobe Dean (3rd 2022) (HAHAHA)
    Nolan Smith (1st 2023) (listed as an OLB but we all know he is a DE)

Kind of makes you want to puke in your mouth.
    Last edited by RSE; 12-11-2023, 09:27 AM.

I'm no scout, but it really looks to me like one guy was replacement level (Gaither), three guys were above replacement level at times (Bradley, Kendricks, Hicks), and the rest didn't belong in the NFL.

Maybe Gocong had some business being in the NFL? Not saying he was good, but he wasn't as hopeless as most of those guys.

Comment

Give them credit. They did sign Mike Labinjo (may he resit in peace) as an UDFA.

Comment

Based on this, they have aced the drafting of receivers.
        ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Bwaah! I still have a Bradley jersey. Bought it at iggs outlet in Lancaster. I think i paid less than $15

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I'm no scout, but it really looks to me like one guy was replacement level (Gaither), three guys were above replacement level at times (Bradley, Kendricks, Hicks), and the rest didn't belong in the NFL.

Maybe Gocong had some business being in the NFL? Not saying he was good, but he wasn't as hopeless as most of those guys.
            Wagner and David are born destroyers. Kendrick was an “athletic” linebacker. The Eagles have made drafting “athletic” linebackers an art form.

Comment

Wow. That's a sad list. I'd expect 2-3 perennial Pro Bowl guys and another handful of long time starters from a group that size.

Comment

Is Tom Modrak still alive? We got Trotter and Ike Reese in '98

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1998_draft.htm

Comment

bump, updated
                  Last edited by RSE; 12-11-2023, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Clearly people should quit saying the Eagles don't value linebackers. They just suck at identifying good ones.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I don’t know whether JT Jr will still be on the board when the Eagles draft but if he is by God they better pick him.

Comment

The Ankle Biter was drafted 18 years ago. Wow

Comment

Working...
                        X