I think there was a horse collar on that Quez Watkins reception yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there was a horse collar on that Quez Watkins reception yesterday

It wasn’t called. If it was called would it have been half the distance to the goal from the end of the play?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I thought that, too. It wasn’t what brought him down so I’m guessing that’s why it wasn’t called.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

he was definitely grabbed by the jersey or shoulder pads. I think it would have been called if the defender had left his feet and swung his weight into the rear of Quez's legs while still pulling on the jersey, but that didn't happen. It would have been a good instance for the rules guy to chime in on the broadcast, but I don't think that happened. .

ARTICLE 16. HORSE-COLLAR TACKLE

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

Note: It is not necessary for a player to pull the runner completely to the ground in order for the act to be illegal. If his knees are buckled by the action, it is a foul, even if the runner is not pulled completely to the ground.
      Last edited by BirdBrawn; 09-21-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X