Really need Indy to win this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really need Indy to win this week

If Indy loses, they could be looking at a 3-9 start. I'd think they'd have to shut Wentz down and protect their top 10 pick.

Howie really fleeced Miami on that trade. It looks like Miami just gambled that SF would take Jones or Cincy would take Sewell, allowing them to draft Chase.
    Last edited by art vandelay; 09-29-2021, 10:32 AM.

This is my rooting guide as well - Miami 1st is guaranteed and Indy first gets more in danger the higher it is. Though it would be interesting for them to shut down Wentz to keep their first - he didn't handle getting benched very well the last time it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      If Indy loses, they could be looking at a 3-9 start. I'd think they'd have to shut Wentz down and protect their top 10 pick.

Howie really fleeced Miami on that trade. It looks like Miami just gambled that SF would take Jones or Cincy would take Sewell, allowing them to draft Chase.
      I think, but am not sure, that Reich will not bench Cartson unless his foot falls off. I think that Reich knows that Cartson is fragile emotionally, look at the way Reich talks about him, the way that Cartson made them wait until game day to see if he'd play. So losing the game means nothing.

Also, don't use "Howie" and "fleece" in the same sentence unless you're discussing: (a) Greek mythology or (b) Howie's relationship with Jeff.

“I’m not the medical expert, so I rely on the doctors, and I rely on the player,” coach Frank Reich said. “The doctors are going to give us the information. Is this player subjecting themselves to injury that could be detrimental to the player and to his career? Could he be subjecting putting himself in a worse position for the season? The docs answer that question. That’s above my pay grade. Then you need to talk to the player. What I’ve experienced over the years, the players know. They know their bodies, know what they can do.
      Best of NFL Nation

“In this instance, Carson’s docs gave him the clearance. Carson says he wants to play, so now it’s our job as a staff to try to protect him as best as we can. So that’s what we try to do. We had the game plan set up, called it in a way that we tried to protect him as best as we could.”

The Colts had no idea Wentz would even try to play against the Titans after he severely sprained both ankles against the Los Angeles Rams in Week 2. And though he returned to practice Friday, it wasn’t until he went through his warmups prior to the start of Sunday's game that it was officially determined he would play.

DB

Comment

I think you are on to something with Reich. He knows if he sits Wentz and, God forbid, Eason plays well, Carson's head will explode. That said, Irsay already seems annoyed with Carson and he's the boss.

Me personally? I hope he starts every game, plays terribly and loses every one.
        Last edited by McCarthy12; 09-29-2021, 11:25 AM.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think you guys are right about how Wentz would handle getting benched, but what other options would Indy have? If it's between protect Cartston's ego and drafting his replacement, then it's an easy decision.

His dead cap hit in 2022 makes things interesting. Indy has no reason to get rid of him. Let's say Indy starts off 3-9. At that point Wentz 6-17-1 over two seasons, having started 16 games once in five years. If he requests a trade (again), I think Indy's FO would tell him "that's nice."

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I think you guys are right about how Wentz would handle getting benched, but what other options would Indy have? If it's between protect Cartston's ego and drafting his replacement, then it's an easy decision.

His dead cap hit in 2022 makes things interesting. Indy has no reason to get rid of him. Let's say Indy starts off 3-9. At that point Wentz 6-17-1 over two seasons, having started 16 games once in five years. If he requests a trade (again), I think Indy's FO would tell him "that's nice."
            Yeah, the owner would have to undermine Reich and Cartson and tell them to bench him. At this point my spidey sense is telling me the draft picks will fall like this:

Eagles own pick: 8 (when they go on a run late in the season against crappy teams)
            Miami pick: 16 (two games against the Jets, one game each against the Giants, the Texans, Jax and Atlanta, that's 6 wins before 1-2 other wins, they took the Raiders to OT.)
            Colts pick: 37 (I think Cartson breaks down and doesn't make 75%. Either that or Darius Leonard eats him in frustration.)

Look at us, three games in and we're talking draft.
            DB

Comment

Yea that, all the talking heads had us coming out 2-6 to start year and every game after that is winnable. We'll see

Comment

Working...
              X