Hurts is NOT QB of Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurts is NOT QB of Future

Not just this play I am going to mention but 4th and 11 he throws it away ? just throw it into the middle of the field near somebody, who cares if it's picked off, at least give one of our WR's a chance to make a play.

He’s not perfect but he single handedly kept this game from being a major blowout. 400 total yards with a bad offensive line. He’s not the reason they are losing these games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Vermouth View Post
      He’s not perfect but he single handedly kept this game from being a major blowout. 400 total yards with a bad offensive line. He’s not the reason they are losing these games.
      LOL the Chiefs give up 400 yards every game. You can either close and punch it in when it counts or you can't. We were killing 11 for his play with far less and had a better record yet this dude gets a pass. Nah, he is not consistent downfield with his accuracy and placement. In today's NFL, if you can't do that, you aint winning jack! Say what you want about Dakota but he throws a great deep ball, so too does Wilson, Mahomes, Murray and other mobile QB's. I doubt he will ever develop into that type of player. Good back up, probably a great team guy but not going to lead a franchise anywhere.

Comment

Remind me of Wentz’s first year?
        ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Not that this makes Hurts a franchise QB, but he was better today than Wentz when 4/5 of the OL was out last year. It's nice not debating whose fault the TOs and sacks were. He definitely has issues pulling the trigger though. Bailing from clean pockets has been an issue too, though it wasn't really a problem today.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 10-03-2021, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            Not that this makes Hurts a franchise QB, but he was better today than Wentz when 4/5 of the OL was out last year. It's nice not debating whose fault the TOs and sacks were. He definitely has issues pulling the trigger though. Bailing from clean pockets has been an issue too, though it wasn't really a problem today.
            I have some serious concerns about him but, I have to say, it'd be hard to find a more likable guy. I'm rooting for him.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I am not a believer in Hurts, but if Wentz had a game like today this post wouldn’t be here and we know it.

Comment

EEEH not sure about that, Wentz took this team on a run with NO OL and NO WR to win the East and beating a full Dallas Squad remember. I admit last season he was terrible but again so was the OL and WR core. Hurts had one good game last year against the Saints and then nothing. The OL today was not that bad so no excuses. Just saying he is not the answer, 3 #1 picks next year should get you a franchise QB.

Comment

Wentz was absolutely horrible last year. His last win as an eagle came at home against Dallas and it was an exercise in futility.

Comment

I thought Mr. Clean actually had a fairly good game yesterday.

--------
                    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Wentz was straight ass last year no doubt and no argument can be made against it. Doesn't mean one washes out the other. Yes it's true that Wentz was ass and it is also true that Hurts is not the future of this organization nor a franchise QB. Last I checked, two things can be right at the same time no?

Either way, Mahomes or Brady couldn't help this team right now. There are major issues with this organization and though Hurts isn't a franchise QB, he is way down on the list of critical issues behind Howie, Lurie, the entire coaching staff (save a few position coaches) to name a few.

Comment

I thought it was an entertaining game, at least on offense. Anyone who expects more early in this season is not being realistic.

Comment

Working...
                        X