Minshew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
    I'll bet people would rather have him that Hurts right now.
    No fucking way.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I defended Wentz for a long time but it's evident he lost whatever confidence he had in 2017. I just don't think he prioritizes football. The greats eat, sleep and breathe it and he doesn't seem to be that guy. His psyche is just as fragile as his bones. They had to move on. Our situation sucks right now but at least that contract is off the books after this year, the Eagles could end up with around $60-$70 mill in Salary Cap Space and 2 top 15 picks. Could turn things around quick with the right draft and free agent signings. (Howie is the wild card though)

Edit to add: sorry 2023 not 2022 i believe but might be wrong
      Last edited by Spartan92; 10-15-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

I watch the last jerkoff for 5 years, so I can handle 2 of this one.
        So honest question, would you give back SB LII if it means it would erase that jerkoff’s name from eagles history? I’m willing to bet you wouldn’t. Bitch and moan all you want bud, but at least he helped deliver a super bowl with an MVP caliber regular season.

I do agree that he had to go…he was too much of a mental midget to play in this city and he had no future here. But how has foles been since? Oh that’s right, dogshit. He was playing so bad towards the end of that season that half the clowns on this bored were calling for sudfeld to start the playoffs…hell, I think I may have even been one of them. I’m man enough to admit it. Foles caught lightning in a bottle and I’m grateful for it! But he was a bum except for one season and 2 huge games

bottom line, hurts is dogshit and I have no desire to watch this asshole for 2 years. I’ve seen all I need to see so he can kick rocks and go tomorrow
        Last edited by birds586; 10-15-2021, 10:42 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=birds586;n1444123]

"He was playing so bad towards the end of that season that half the clowns on this bored were calling for sudfeld to start the playoffs…hell, I think I may have even been one of them. I’m man enough to admit it."

This.

Comment

Originally posted by birds586 View Post

bottom line, hurts is dogshit and I have no desire to watch this asshole for 2 years. I’ve seen all I need to see so he can kick rocks and go tomorrow
            He may be a poor quarterback but Hurts is not an ssshole.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

WAIT....
              SO IT'S OK TO BE A POOR QB IF YOUR NOT AN ASSHOLE?
              OR AM I READING THIS WRONG?
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

WAIT....
                SO IT'S OK TO BE A POOR QB IF YOUR NOT AN ASSHOLE?
                OR AM I READING THIS WRONG?
                Do you really think that is what I am saying?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                  I defended Wentz for a long time but it's evident he lost whatever confidence he had in 2017. I just don't think he prioritizes football. The greats eat, sleep and breathe it and he doesn't seem to be that guy. His psyche is just as fragile as his bones. They had to move on. Our situation sucks right now but at least that contract is off the books after this year, the Eagles could end up with around $60-$70 mill in Salary Cap Space and 2 top 15 picks. Could turn things around quick with the right draft and free agent signings. (Howie is the wild card though)

Edit to add: sorry 2023 not 2022 i believe but might be wrong
                  DIDN'T #2 IN BLUE HAVE 2 SPRAINED ANKLES, BUST HIS ASS ALL WEEK, TAPE EM UP TO PLAY, AND COULD BARELY MOVE?

HE WANTED A DIVORCE FROM EAGLES. BECAUSE HIS FEELINGS WERE HURT. ACTED LIKE A LITTLE WHINING SISSY CREEP.
                  NEEDED SOME GROWING UP TO DO.
                  BUT AS FOR HIM PRIORITIZING FOOTBALL IN GENERAL, I DONT BUY IT.

I STILL HAVE A GUT FEELING HURTS , WITH THE RIGHT QB COACH, STRENGTH TRAINING, CAN BE A SUFFICIENT QB, BUT THATS NOT GOODNOUGH . IMO .

Comment

Do you really think that is what I am saying?
                    THATS WHY IM ASKING. I DIDN'T THINK SO, BUT ASKED ANYWAY.

THAT'S WHY I ASKED IF IM READING THIS WRONG.
                    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 10-16-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Understood…it was a poor choice of words on my part. Just tired of watching high school football on sundays with a below average QB and even worse coach. Not to mention the two dipshits in the FO

the same people who go out of their way to tear down wentz at the drop of a hat conveniently forget that he actually helped us win a fuckin SB. Yet they had to “tolerate” that jerkoff for 5 years while saying give hurts time when it’s obvious hurts isn’t the answer

i bet if I go back to 2017 threads these same people weren’t saying this about wentz.

I bet if I go back to the 2018 early season threads where foles reverted back to his average self these same people were saying to get wentz back out there

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

DIDN'T #2 IN BLUE HAVE 2 SPRAINED ANKLES, BUST HIS ASS ALL WEEK, TAPE EM UP TO PLAY, AND COULD BARELY MOVE?

HE WANTED A DIVORCE FROM EAGLES. BECAUSE HIS FEELINGS WERE HURT. ACTED LIKE A LITTLE WHINING SISSY CREEP.
                        NEEDED SOME GROWING UP TO DO.
                        BUT AS FOR HIM PRIORITIZING FOOTBALL IN GENERAL, I DONT BUY IT.

I STILL HAVE A GUT FEELING HURTS , WITH THE RIGHT QB COACH, STRENGTH TRAINING, CAN BE A SUFFICIENT QB, BUT THATS NOT GOODNOUGH . IMO .

I would take serviceable from Hurts but you have to have a great team around him and we are not there. I think we are more talented on offense than we seem and Hurts' 1 read and bail is a big issue and coach's play calling hasn't helped either. Is the play calling a microcosm of Hurts' limitations none of us know but we can surely speculate from what we have seen.

I mean Dilfer and Johnson won Superbowls for Christ sake but their defense were other worldly which we are not. So I just go from what I see which is his athleticism helps him make some plays but his lack of arm strength, ability to read his progressions and hit open receivers consistently is glaring. Can it be fixed, maybe. That is for pro's to decide. My Monday morning couch QB opinion is some college players are amazing in college but their skills cannot translate to the NFL i.e. Tim Tebow, Akili Smith, Vince Young, Johnny Manziel, Marcus Mariota and Mr. Ohio State himself who all the pundits were salivating over and couldn't believe wasn't drafted in the top 3, Dwayne Haskins.

Just because you won in college, at top schools, doesn't mean you will make it in the NFL. Players like Lamar are an aberration not the norm.

Edit to add: he does seem like a nice guy and good team player I am sure we can all agree there.
                        Last edited by Spartan92; 10-16-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X