Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you evaluate any player on this team with this coaching staff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you evaluate any player on this team with this coaching staff?

I know the talent leaves something to be desired but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Eagles’ coaching staff that is so poor in putting the players in a position to succeed. It’s more like they are putting them in a the best position to fail on both sides of the ball.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

CIRCA EARLY 70'S.
    THE OLD HEADS REMEMBER.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

It's maddening to watch....nothing changes even when it's clearly not working a little bit. Gannon pisses me off more than our clueless HC/OC which is really saying something. The players aren't stupid and now the frustration is being seen from Fletcher of all people.

Comment

Gannon is clueless. He's basically putting them in a prevent defense for the entire game, or at least until they're hopelessly out of it. It's a recipe for abject failure.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
          Gannon is clueless. He's basically putting them in a prevent defense for the entire game, or at least until they're hopelessly out of it. It's a recipe for abject failure.
          Prevent defense. Perfect summation of this “scheme”.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

This doesn't absolve anyone of anything, but I think they know they're putting the players in a position to fail. Especially on offense I think they're more interested in seeing what they have than winning games.

Comment

Gannon was supposedly highly sought after as an up and coming DC - I saw one of his PC during training camp and came away impressed and actually felt good about the defense going into the season. Seems like the strategy is - hope the opposing offense loses patience and gets bored moving down the field 5-6 yards per play.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                This doesn't absolve anyone of anything, but I think they know they're putting the players in a position to fail. Especially on offense I think they're more interested in seeing what they have than winning games.
                Isn't that what is suppose to take place during training camp and preseason games? Evaluation of players abilities? Not by the 7th game of regular season. The ineptitude of the couching staff and front office is appalling. What a disgrace!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                  Gannon was supposedly highly sought after as an up and coming DC - I saw one of his PC during training camp and came away impressed and actually felt good about the defense going into the season. Seems like the strategy is - hope the opposing offense loses patience and gets bored moving down the field 5-6 yards per play.
                  The statistics are embarrassingly ridiculous. In the Eagles five losses opposing quarterbacks are averaging 1.5 incompletions per quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

The statistics are embarrassingly ridiculous. In the Eagles five losses opposing quarterbacks are averaging 1.5 incompletions per quarter.
                    It’s even worse than that. They have the LBs playing pass on every down and still can’t cover anyone. They expect the 4 upfront to pressure the QB and stop the run. Basically giving them 7 or more yards on a run.

Comment

It seems that we are playing for a primo draft spot. But we will screw that up.
                      ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

With all this dead cap and a new qb, sort of expected this. Doesn't make it easy to watch, but my guess was 5-6 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                          With all this dead cap and a new qb, sort of expected this. Doesn't make it easy to watch, but my guess was 5-6 wins.
                          While not a shocker - I was one of those poor stupid fucks that thought this team could surprise people.

Didn't expect to be hoping for a new coaching staff already but here I am wondering if they can land Todd Bowles and let him hire a former offensive minded HC to run the offense(a reverse Pederson/Schwartz situation) - I want to see a good defense again and being in QB purgatory this team will need one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post

While not a shocker - I was one of those poor stupid fucks that thought this team could surprise people.

Didn't expect to be hoping for a new coaching staff already but here I am wondering if they can land Todd Bowles and let him hire a former offensive minded HC to run the offense(a reverse Pederson/Schwartz situation) - I want to see a good defense again and being in QB purgatory this team will need one.
                            I agree. Bring me a veteran DC as the head coach and use all three first round picks on defense (DL, Linebacker, DB).
                            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

I agree. Bring me a veteran DC as the head coach and use all three first round picks on defense (DL, Linebacker, DB).
                              Level of agreement: Off the board
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X