Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Jeffrey and Howie took control..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Jeffrey and Howie took control..

And reminded the rookie head coach this is a passing team. Enough with those boring runs.

Or the rookie QB counts one Mississippi and takes off running bc he can't throw for shit. Either way works for me

Comment

Looks like Howie and Jeffy drafted a stiff with a premium pick and they are reaping those rewards with a guy who couldn't throw it in the ocean

Comment

4 pm start after daylight savings and another potential blowout loss at home. That’s a formula for an angry, drunk crowd in the second half.

Comment

This guy makes me beg for Kolb, Sleeves or Detmer. He is putrid.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
            And reminded the rookie head coach this is a passing team. Enough with those boring runs.
            This!!

Comment

Not only did this post age poorly, it is completely misguided. The Eagles ran for almost twice as many yards as the Chargers today and lost. Basically any time the Chargers ran the ball they were doing the Eagles a favor. Teams need to take the run when it's there, which the Eagles did today, but "sticking with the run" isn't some magical strategy that wins games.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Not only did this post age poorly, it is completely misguided. The Eagles ran for almost twice as many yards as the Chargers today and lost. Basically any time the Chargers ran the ball they were doing the Eagles a favor. Teams need to take the run when it's there, which the Eagles did today, but "sticking with the run" isn't some magical strategy that wins games.
                I'd have liked to see some play action out of QB under center sets. The safeties were coming down hard. I don't know if it's something they don't want hurts doing or if sirriani just doesn't have it in the playbook. With the way they *seem* to be able to push teams around (lions and chargers suck I know), they should be able to start to get creative trying to take shots.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

When your D can’t get off the field taking time off the clock is a pretty good idea. And the first series that was the point of my text was pass heavy and led to a punt that led to a short field and touchdown. If the Eagles can complete over 80% of their passes I’m good with them throwing.

Comment

The Chargers coach tried to hand the game to the Eagles by leaving 6 sure points (two FGs) off the board instead going for it twice on fourth down because presumably there was a chart that said he should. Then there was a third that was no gimmee but doable. And in spite of handing the Eagles 9 points, the defense fucked us. Don't tell me about the three fourth down stops. The 99 yard drive that preceded one of them was the real story. And was all day.
                    DB

Comment

When your D can’t get off the field taking time off the clock is a pretty good idea. And the first series that was the point of my text was pass heavy and led to a punt that led to a short field and touchdown. If the Eagles can complete over 80% of their passes I’m good with them throwing.
                      The Eagles took seven minutes off the clock in the last touchdown drive. Fat lot of good that did.

Comment

The Eagles had 4 drives of 10+ plays yesterday and it didn't help the defense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                          The Chargers coach tried to hand the game to the Eagles by leaving 6 sure points (two FGs) off the board instead going for it twice on fourth down because presumably there was a chart that said he should. Then there was a third that was no gimmee but doable. And in spite of handing the Eagles 9 points, the defense fucked us. Don't tell me about the three fourth down stops. The 99 yard drive that preceded one of them was the real story. And was all day.
                          Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't there only two times that the Chargers failed on 4th down? IDK about the second one being sure points when the FG would have been 45 yards. Ultimately opting to go for it (twice) on their last drive won the Chargers the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                            The Chargers coach tried to hand the game to the Eagles by leaving 6 sure points (two FGs) off the board instead going for it twice on fourth down
                            The Chargers placekicking has been inconsistent all season so they tend to go for it on fourth down. They signed Hopkins only a couple weeks ago after the WFT cut him. No sure points there.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                            X