Ride or die with Hurts this season. 

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride or die with Hurts this season. 

The draft picks have to be used on the the defense. Gannon may be a lousy DC but the Eagles defense is full of old subpar talent. Even if it's Howie making the picks, gotta hope he gets lucky. The more darts he throws, the more likely he hits the board. If a really interesting QB falls to the Birds - and my understanding is that there isn't anything special on the board - okay to draft him but don't be using multiple picks at QB now. Even surrounding Russell Wilson with this group would be a waste - and expensive.

I'm not convinced Hurts' accuracy problems can't be fixed with experience and coaching. Playing him is the find out. They're not risking a Superbowl season. I've seen him make the throws he misses. It's not a rag arm situation. I see a guy not processing yet at NFL speed. But he's coachable and a born leader with a shit load of intangibles that aren't easy to find. That somersault play would have put most QBs on IR for the rest of the season. And he led two clutch drives for TDs down the stretch yesterday.

It would be dumb to move to Minshew. He's not going to develop into anything more than a backup. Hurts still might.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Agree with all of this - with hope that they can trade one of the first rounders this year for a 1st and more next year if they can.

They are kind of stuck with Hurts due to lack of better option - build up the defense and oline the way Tampa did for years until they unconventionally added a franchise QB, and even then they still won a SB on the backs of their defense.

Also the game Hurts played yesterday - McNabb won a lot of games like that.

Comment

I agree. Hurts is the lightning rod but the biggest problems are on defense. No takeaways, no big plays, too often can't get off the field to give the offense a chance.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Here is the problem with this knee jerking (borderline bitch) posters on this bored: every Sunday they think they deserve a win and that the Eagles should meet their unrealistic expectations. They watch the game not noticing the improvements, and hope something “bad” happens so they can make a post about it.

Hurts obviously isn’t a traditional QB, but Siri game plans like he is one. I finally see some of Siri’s adjustments. I don’t care if Hurts completes only 12 passes for 125 yards as long as the team total rushing is close to 200 yards.

Captain Obvious says: Besides the final score, keep an eye on time of possession, third down conversion, penalty yards and turnovers. Are we getting better every game? That’s what I’m looking at. I’m not gonna compare Jalen’s passing yards to the opponent’s passing yards.

500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Pretty sure I heard somewhere today that 5 of the 9 QB's we've played have completed over 80% of their passes...you never get off the field with stats like that...they've got to draft Defense!

Comment

The look on one’s face when he complains about Howie’s lousy drafting of offensive personnel only to realize he’s even shittier at drafting defense.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
              The look on one’s face when he complains about Howie’s lousy drafting of offensive personnel only to realize he’s even shittier at drafting defense.
              If it were my decision, Howie wouldn't be anywhere near college scouting or the draft. He's proven he's bad at it

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                I agree. Hurts is the lightning rod but the biggest problems are on defense. No takeaways, no big plays, too often can't get off the field to give the offense a chance.
                I don't see Hurts as a problem. He may not grow into a franchise QB but I wouldn't trade him for Danny Dimes or Mac Jones or a bunch of other young QBs that are starting. At worse, he's an inexpensive and interesting placeholder while they build the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                  (borderline bitch)
                  Borderline is generous.

Comment

I agree they’d be better off going with Hurts in 2022 than reaching on a QB. I wish I could share the optimism though. A few times this year, the biggest problem on the offense has just been Hurts. I’m holding out hope he’ll improve, but right now he doesn’t even look like an average QB.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      IA few times this year, the biggest problem on the offense has just been Hurts.
                      Name a player who hasnt been a problem. I'm not in love with Hurts. I'm just not seeing a seeing a better option.

Last edited by Maniac; 11-08-2021, 11:26 PM.

Comment

The fuckin year is playing out more or less how i thought it would go. Im quite entertained every Sunday, I'm not looking for much just enjoying not changing the channel before halftime . better than last year's shit show

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Name a player who hasnt been a problem. I'm not in love with Hurts. I'm just not seeing a seeing a better option.
                          Jordan Howard. It’s apples and oranges though. I know every player will have a bad game. Hurts has been the biggest problem on offense several times this season. He’s only had one good game when really being asked to throw the ball.

I agree he’s the best option though. No reason to reach on a QB next year. Maybe a good option falls to them. We’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Jordan Howard. It’s apples and oranges though. I know every player will have a bad game. Hurts has been the biggest problem on offense several times this season. He’s only had one good game when really being asked to throw the ball.

I agree he’s the best option though. No reason to reach on a QB next year. Maybe a good option falls to them. We’ll see.
                            My thoughts on Offensive problems in no particular order:
                            - play calling - seems to be getting better; need to stick with the run
                            - offensive line - getting better at run blocking but still below average on pass blocking; Is Stoutland overrated?
                            - WR - Smith gets open consistently and Hurts is finally hitting him with passes; other WR are regressing and allow double coverage on Smith
                            - Hurts - Lot of young QBs having problems this year with consistency. Hurts is a leader and not a whining wussy unlike Wentz. Jury is still out; Need to improve team around him. Would like to see consistent oline pass blocking and one other WR step up.

Last edited by Wolfpack; 11-09-2021, 06:40 AM.
                            ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Working...
                            X