Hurts vs Mac Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurts vs Mac Jones

I don't hear any criticisms of Mac Jones - because the narrative coming in said that he is good.

I didn't put this tweet together, but it is interesting:

Jalen Hurts vs. Mac Jones Head to Head, 9 games each:

Passing TDs: Hurts- 11 Jones- 10

Total TDs: Hurts- 16 Jones- 10

INT's: Hurts- 4 Jones- 7

Total YPG: Hurts- 275 Jones- 240

Attempts: Hurts- 273 Jones- 300

Passer Rating: Hurts- 91 Jones- 89.8

Hurts also leads in QBR.

The Eagles need to re-stack the defense. I'd give Hurts another year. I'd use our first 4 picks on defense.

And from Rube:

And if you look at total 1st downs by QB, passing and rushing combined, Jalen is 8th in the NFL:

159 ... Mahomes
    144 ... Brady
    143 ... Allen
    142 ... Stafford
    141 ... Lamar
    128 ... Herbert
    124 ... Tannehill
    123 ... Hurts

Comment

You know that's impolite to point out.
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Saw this tweet. In general, I think the comparisons of Hurts in X amount of starts to other QBs are kind of misleading. He's in his 2nd year, so he should be outperforming rookies. A a running QB, he's bound to put up more total yards, and he's compiled a decent amount of garbage time numbers this year. QBR is meaningful though and I agree re: Mac Jones. The guy could be really good but I think he's overrated right now, partially just because Belichick drafted him.

I agree they need to go defense early next year, unless a great offensive player falls into their lap. Definitely no reason to reach on a QB.

Comment

Although a running QB might not be sustainable in the long run...what Hurts brings running the football can't be understated. Guy's on pace for 950 yards and 9 TDs on the ground this year. Those yards and TDs count just as much as if they happened through the air.

If my memory is correct, he picked up 6 first downs with his legs on Sunday. 5 of them were 3rd down conversions.

Another underrated part of Hurts' game: he avoids the big negative play. TOs are killers and he commits them at a pretty low rate.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
            You know that's impolite to point out.
            Very impolite.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I think you'd need a garbage time filter to really do a fair comparison. 8 of Hurts' 16 TDs have come with the Eagles down by 2+ scores in the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by jrachiever View Post
                I think you'd need a garbage time filter to really do a fair comparison. 8 of Hurts' 16 TDs have come with the Eagles down by 2+ scores in the 2nd half.
                I think I'd also need a coaching quality filter - as one is coached by a certain HOF'er and the other by a rookie HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                  And from Rube:

And if you look at total 1st downs by QB, passing and rushing combined, Jalen is 8th in the NFL:

159 ... Mahomes
                  144 ... Brady
                  143 ... Allen
                  142 ... Stafford
                  141 ... Lamar
                  128 ... Herbert
                  124 ... Tannehill
                  123 ... Hurts
                  And 3 of the 7 had their numbers padded by playing against Jonathan Gannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                    And from Rube:

159 ... Mahomes
                    144 ... Brady
                    143 ... Allen
                    142 ... Stafford
                    141 ... Lamar
                    128 ... Herbert
                    124 ... Tannehill
                    123 ... Hurts
                    I think he is 3rd in the league in rushing first downs by all positions. I'm far from sold on Hurts but there are some reasons for optimism. Also, I don't see any sure thing QB's in the upcoming draft so absent a trade I'm not sure it doesn't make sense to stick with Hurts into next year. Use the draft picks elsewhere.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

TRADITIONALLY, RUNNING QB'S DON'T EVEN SNIFF LATE JAN, FEB FOOTBALL.
                      BUT MAYBE HE CAN TURN INTO A MORE TRADITIONAL QB EVENTUALLY.
                      ONLY TIME WILL TELL.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                      X