Hurts is a baller...plain and simple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurts is a baller...plain and simple

I like this kid more and more, and it seems that once some people decide a guy is a BC&J, they can't admit they might be wrong, despite the evidence. So what if he threw an INT yesterday? He has only 5 in 9 games, not a turnover machine by any stretch. No arm strength or accuracy? Just look at Smith's first TD, Hurts was able to plant and throw a dart fifty yards in the air to the right spot, pretty impressive. It also looks like Smith is getting more confident, and that first TD should bolster it, if he can win contested catches like that, he is gonna be a real threat to Ds. I liked Wentz a lot before the injury, but he changed after it. He obviously responds better to Reich than Doug, so as far as I'm concerned, I wish him well...see ya later.

Hurts, Smith, Watkins, and Goedert are already building chemistry nicely, and now that they are running ball, I hope they keep it up. I say take the Ravens approach to Jackson, early on they pounded the ball and threw sparingly, it gives the rook time to get used to the game without having to make most of the plays. We just ran all over a team that was not giving up 100 yards a game average rushing. The Saints have the best run D in the league, if they can run on them too, then we got something that was ignored early in the season. They need to sit Gainwell when Sanders comes back, he is pretty good running and catching, but he was the guy who missed his block on Hurt's INT. Sanders, Howard, Scott, is they way they better go. Should be an interesting back half of the season.

Oh yeah, win a fucking home game too ! 4-2 on the road, winless at home, WTF?
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Nope, the low testosterone high breast tissue fucks on this bored won’t admit shit. They pray for an Eagles defeat so they can bitch, I pray that they stop molesting the neighbor’s dog.

What we are watching is Siri finally calling the right kind of plays for his “non-traditional” quarterback and finally using a running back.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
      Nope, the low testosterone high breast tissue fucks on this bored won’t admit shit. They pray for an Eagles defeat so they can bitch, I pray that they stop molesting the neighbor’s dog.

What we are watching is Siri finally calling the right kind of plays for his “non-traditional” quarterback and finally using a running back.
      You’re acting like these dopes weren’t mostly fringe-poster cucks to begin with.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

You’re acting like these dopes weren’t mostly fringe-poster cucks to begin with.
        I know I know, it’s just starting to get under my skin.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Ehh that was a bad pick in a bad spot. Hurts played a great first half yesterday though.

I don't think this is what you meant when you called Hurts a baller, but he is incredibly easy to root for. I still have my concerns about him, but unlike the posters 3I is talking about, I want Hurts to prove me wrong.

As far as Wentz goes, he's back to 2018-19 Wentz. He's not as bad as he's looked at times, but Reich hasn't changed him and I wish him the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            As far as Wentz goes
            As far as Wentz goes, I'm starting to believe he skipped town because he was intimidated by Hurts. Really obvious which one is the born leader. Wentz is not equipped to deal with competition.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Ehh that was a bad pick in a bad spot. Hurts played a great first half yesterday though.

I don't think this is what you meant when you called Hurts a baller, but he is incredibly easy to root for. I still have my concerns about him, but unlike the posters 3I is talking about, I want Hurts to prove me wrong.

As far as Wentz goes, he's back to 2018-19 Wentz. He's not as bad as he's looked at times, but Reich hasn't changed him and I wish him the worst.
              To me a 'baller' is someone who plays with real heart, and this kid has it. He loves the game, and it looks like he puts his all into it. He does not look like a bust at all, in fact, put the right weapons around him and who knows? He is still a rookie, even great QBs had rocky starts, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet. The first games of this season were a mess on both sides of the ball, but they seem to have addressed some of the issues. Even last week's loss was not awful, unlike the blowouts earlier. They have already won as many games as they did last year, sad as that is to say, but hey they could beat Reid's first season record of 5 wins...it's been worse.
              Last edited by Birdwatcher; 11-15-2021, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

To me a 'baller' is someone who plays with real heart, and this kid has it. He loves the game, and it looks like he puts his all into it. He does not look like a bust at all, in fact, put the right weapons around him and who knows? He is still a rookie, even great QBs had rocky starts, let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet. The first games of this season were a mess on both sides of the ball, but they seem to have addressed some of the issues. Even last week's loss was not awful, unlike the blowouts earlier. They have already won as many games as they did last year, sad as that is to say, but hey they could beat Reid's first season record of 5 wins...it's been worse.
                By that definition, I agree he's a baller. His swagger is real. After the Dallas game I was really fearing this was a lost season. I'm happy to be wrong there.

I'm surprised by the approach they've taken over the last 3 games. In the early part of the season it looked like they were obviously forcing Hurts to run stuff he wasn't good at - no zone reads, no designed runs - and basically let him sink or swim. I'm not sure if they decided that no QB was worth essentially tanking for, but 8-9 wins while running an unsustainable offense seemed like the last thing they wanted to do based on the first 7 weeks of the season.

Comment

By that definition, I agree he's a baller. His swagger is real. After the Dallas game I was really fearing this was a lost season. I'm happy to be wrong there.

I'm surprised by the approach they've taken over the last 3 games. In the early part of the season it looked like they were obviously forcing Hurts to run stuff he wasn't good at - no zone reads, no designed runs - and basically let him sink or swim. I'm not sure if they decided that no QB was worth essentially tanking for, but 8-9 wins while running an unsustainable offense seemed like the last thing they wanted to do based on the first 7 weeks of the season.
                  Considering they have moved up to the number 3 rushing team in the league, with only Baltimore and Cleveland averaging more rushing yards per game, I think they may have figured out what works for them. I have to wonder if the FO wanted Sirianni to throw a lot early on, they do have young speedy receivers they want to become threats. But that's the worst thing you can do to a rookie QB, what they are doing now is better for Hurts and the team, let's hope they keep it up!

Comment

they have rushed for more than 175 yds the past three games...impressive and hope they keep it up.
                    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      I like this kid more and more, and it seems that once some people decide a guy is a BC&J, they can't admit they might be wrong, despite the evidence. So what if he threw an INT yesterday? He has only 5 in 9 games, not a turnover machine by any stretch. No arm strength or accuracy? Just look at Smith's first TD, Hurts was able to plant and throw a dart fifty yards in the air to the right spot, pretty impressive. It also looks like Smith is getting more confident, and that first TD should bolster it, if he can win contested catches like that, he is gonna be a real threat to Ds. I liked Wentz a lot before the injury, but he changed after it. He obviously responds better to Reich than Doug, so as far as I'm concerned, I wish him well...see ya later.

Hurts, Smith, Watkins, and Goedert are already building chemistry nicely, and now that they are running ball, I hope they keep it up. I say take the Ravens approach to Jackson, early on they pounded the ball and threw sparingly, it gives the rook time to get used to the game without having to make most of the plays. We just ran all over a team that was not giving up 100 yards a game average rushing. The Saints have the best run D in the league, if they can run on them too, then we got something that was ignored early in the season. They need to sit Gainwell when Sanders comes back, he is pretty good running and catching, but he was the guy who missed his block on Hurt's INT. Sanders, Howard, Scott, is they way they better go. Should be an interesting back half of the season.

Oh yeah, win a fucking home game too ! 4-2 on the road, winless at home, WTF?
                      One good half of football does not make you a baller.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post

One good half of football does not make you a baller.
                        No it does not, but 14 games into his career, it is premature to consider this kid a bust. He is going to have ups and downs, but he does not quit, like Bridgewater did when Slay ran past him on the INT. I suspect you are part of the instant gratification generation, too many people forget that not everyone becomes a star as a rookie. In fact, even great QBs usually struggle in their first couple of years. Sirianni did the kid no favors by throwing so much early on, but some of that was because the D was giving up points early and they were playing catch up.

Comment

Working...
                        X