Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO IF ANY OF YOU JERSEY YAHOOS ARE INTO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO IF ANY OF YOU JERSEY YAHOOS ARE INTO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL....

OCEAN CITY PLAYING PENNSAUKEN AT MILLVILLE TOMORROW NIGHT FOR GROUP 4 CHAMPIONSHIP.
    ANYONE ELSE GOING LET ME KNOW...I'LL BE THERE.

EDIT TO ADD: SO NOW IT TURNS OUT, THERE WAS SHITTY INFO.
    MILLVILLE ACTUALLY BEAT PENNSAUKEN.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-18-2021, 06:53 PM.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Although I'm not a Jersey Yahoo -

GO RED RAIDERS! 11-0 for only the 2nd time in history!
    Way to go OC!

Comment

Yup, Millville vs OC for the South Jersey Group 4 title. I'm taking my two grandsons to the Cedar Creek-Delsea game on Saturday at noon in Egg Harbor City. Both teams are 11-0 and the South Jersey Group 3 crown is on the line. We saw Cedar Creek handle a red hot Somerville squad 27-0 last Saturday. Going into the game CC was ranked 13th in the state and Somerville was ranked 15th. After that impressive performance CC moved up to #8. CC is only ten years old and this is their fourth trip to the group finals and hopefully they bring home their third title. Goooooo Pirates! There are quite a few teams from the former Cape Atlantic League Conference(CAL) playing this weekend....Millville, OC, CC, St Augustine, Holy Spirit and St Joes of Hammonton. St Augustine is ranked #1 in South Jersey and #2 in the state behind perennial state and national power Bergen Catholic. Millville's only loss was to St Augustine and they're ranked #4 in the state.

Comment

I'VE BEEN GOING TO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL MY ENTIRE LIFE.
        I'VE BEEN TO HALF DOZEN OC GAMES THIS YEAR.

FOR THESE PLAYOFFS THERE ARE NO TICKETS SOLD AT THE GAMES.
        I'VE NEVER BEEN TO ANY GAME THAT YOU ARE FORCED TO BUY TICKETS ON LINE AND NOT SELLING TICKETS AT THE GATE.

VERY ODD.
        AND OF COURSE THEY CHARGE AND HANDLING FEE TO BUY THE TICKETS, ITS NOT MUCH BUT WHAT A SCAM.
        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-19-2021, 08:48 AM.

Comment

If my wife didn't tell me about the online-only ticket situation several days ago I would've never known. Now I know why we simply walked into CC's stadium last Saturday an hour before kickoff without anyone selling or taking tickets...we just walked in and nobody asked to see my phone for confirmation. I checked the entrance/gate a half hour later after sitting down to see if we simply got there a little before they had set-up their ticket booth/table. Nope, people were just walking in unchecked...wtf. I already bought our tickets for tomorrow's game but I'm curious to see if they have anyone checking before allowing fans to enter. When they started having all of the South Jersey championship games at Rowan ten(?) years ago they would play one game on Friday night and that was the group 5 game. That first game was Pennsauken vs Millville and the organizers weren't prepared for the onslaught of fans which converged on Rowan's stadium that night...at least 10k. I know people who went and said they didn't get inside until midway into the 2nd qtr. I'm mentioning this because I'm thinking that was the possible motivation for going the online ticketing route. I get there early anyway so I never have to wait in long lines.

Comment

I WAS TOLD IT WAS TO KEEP THE CROWD DOWN TO HELP WITH THE VIOLENCE AND FIGHTING AT SOME OF THE GAMES.
            I GUESS IF YA BUY YER TICKET ON LINE YA WON'T PUNCH SOMEONE IN THE FACE.

IN PA THE TITLE GAMES ARE AT HERSHEYPARK STADIUM. GREAT SPOT FOR THE GAMES.
            WAS ALWAYS PLENTY OF ROOM AND A REALLY GOOD TIME.
            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-19-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Hershey Park Stadium is perfect size....good size but not too big and cavernous. I'm not a big fan of holding the public regional championship games and the Non-Public state championship games at MetLife Stadium and Rutgers Stadium. Back in '07 I went to see Holy Spirit play Immaculata at Rutgers stadium for the state championship, Spirit brought three busloads of fans which obviously didn't people like my wife and me who simply drove there to support South Jersey's best team(and ranked 3rd in the state...the biggest OL I've ever seen in South Jersey...Dino Hall's(remember him from his days with the Browns?) son was one of the WR's on that team). Even with a very strong showing of support Rutgers Stadium looked empty. It was great when all of the SJ public championship games were held at Rowan as a fan could pay just one price and see 3-4 championship games on Saturday The home bleachers at Rowan are pretty big and the visitor bleachers are adequate but could stand to be a little bigger for such an event. The last time I was there was during Jonathon Taylor's senior year at Salem High when they lost a heartbreaker to Paulsboro in front of 4000+...might've been closer to 5000. Look at Jonathon now. BTW, Salem again plays Paulsboro tomorrow for the SJ G1 title.
              Last edited by headknocker; 11-19-2021, 12:02 PM.

Comment

WAS AT ONE HS GAME AT THE VET.
                MY ALMA FRANKFORD VS NORTH CATHOLIC 50 YEAR ANNIVERSARY GAME.
                MUST HAVE 35-40K PEOPLE IN THAT PLACE.
                GAME USED TO BE AT TEMPLE STADIUM.
                WHICH WAS 3/4 FULL EVERY YEAR.

Comment

I guess you saw Millville beat OC 40-3 last night. I expected therm to win comfortably but that score surprised me...never expected a blowout. Unfortunately, St Augustine lost 17-0 to Don Bosco Prep so they won't be playing Bergen Catholic for the state title afterall.

Comment

IT WASN'T PRETTY.
                    WHEN I LIVED IN PA, WENT TO QUAKERTOWN'S GAMES FOR 18 YEARS.
                    THEY LOST BIG TOO. THEY WERE 12-0 GOIN IN.

USED TO GO SEE NORTH PENN PLAY ALSO....
                    THEY LOST.
                    NOT A GOOD DAY....

I HOPE THE EAGLES DON'T FOLLOW THIS BUS.

I'D LIKE TO SEE JERSEY STATE FINALS, JUST TOO LONG A DRIVE FROM EHT.
                    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-20-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
                      Hershey Park Stadium is perfect size....good size but not too big and cavernous. I'm not a big fan of holding the public regional championship games and the Non-Public state championship games at MetLife Stadium and Rutgers Stadium. Back in '07 I went to see Holy Spirit play Immaculata at Rutgers stadium for the state championship, Spirit brought three busloads of fans which obviously didn't people like my wife and me who simply drove there to support South Jersey's best team(and ranked 3rd in the state...the biggest OL I've ever seen in South Jersey...Dino Hall's(remember him from his days with the Browns?) son was one of the WR's on that team). Even with a very strong showing of support Rutgers Stadium looked empty. It was great when all of the SJ public championship games were held at Rowan as a fan could pay just one price and see 3-4 championship games on Saturday The home bleachers at Rowan are pretty big and the visitor bleachers are adequate but could stand to be a little bigger for such an event. The last time I was there was during Jonathon Taylor's senior year at Salem High when they lost a heartbreaker to Paulsboro in front of 4000+...might've been closer to 5000. Look at Jonathon now. BTW, Salem again plays Paulsboro tomorrow for the SJ G1 title.
                      THE COOLEST GAME I'VE SEEN IS WHEN FRANKFORD BEAT ARCHBISHOP WOOD FOR THE CITY TITLE AT JFK IN 78.

ACTUALLY BEEN TO A FEW CITY TITLE GAMES AT THE VET AND A FEW AT FRANKLIN FIELD.
                      MOST OF THEM FROM AL ANGELO YEARS AT FRANKFORD.

Comment

MILLVILLE HAS A PLAYER LEQUINT ALLEN GOING TO CUSE NEXT YEAR. PLAYED RB, DEFENSE, QB IN 4TH QUARTER.
                        KID GOING TO BE STAR.

Comment

Yup, Cedar Creek WR JoJo Bermudez has committed to Cincinnati...the kid's special. Delsea's coach for the last 29 years, Sal Marchese, said he's one of the best he's ever seen. Yesterday he caught a screen pass at the Cedar Creek 25 yard line, raced-up the near sideline until he was at midfield and then cut back across across the field as he zig-zagged several times until he finally outraced everyone along the far sideline for an electric 75 yard TD. The kid's fast, quick as a cat and has great hands. I can't wait to see if makes a big impact at Cincinnati.
                          Last edited by headknocker; 11-21-2021, 11:24 PM.

Comment

MILLEVILLE DEFENSE GAVE UP A TOTAL OF 8 YARDS IN THE FIRST HALF VS. VINELAND THANKSGIVING DAY, SCORED 45-0 FIRST HALF.
                            TALK ABOUT SHUT DOWN D.

Comment

Yeah, I saw the write-up of the game on nj.com,...total domination...impressive. I thought it would be ugly because Millville has a helluva team this year. St Augustine beat Millville by two TD's early in the season but I'd put my money on Millville if there was a rematch as the Thunderbolts are red-hot right now. Mike Trout must be proud of his alma mater.

Comment

Working...
                              X