Hurts sucked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    Despite everything else, Hurts plays better, the Eagles win. He didn’t have to be great, or even good. Bang average would have sufficed. That’s the bottom line in the NFL - when the team is faltering or short handed or both, the quarterback has to make plays.
    Hurts sucked but I have serious questions about the gameplan yesterday. They had established an identity as a run first team that was working and Sirianni decides to overthink it and switch things up. You can't tell me that Howie or Jeff didn't make the decision to feature Reagor when they passed. Hurts doesn't make that decision on his own. The kid follows the gameplan.

I don't want high draft picks used on a QB for next season. All the top prospects are projects and elite vet QBs are not coming to Philly. Hurts and Minshew can fight it out. Maybe throw a mid rounder in the mix. They need an edge rusher, a linebacker, a D-back and another WR. I get that Howie sucks at the draft. They still need to address those positions. Get a QB in 23.

It isn't pretty but this offense has proven to work when they leverage Hurts legs and the big O-line, run first and feature Smith and Goedert when they pass. You can't build the gameplan around Hurts passing.

One thing you gotta say for Hurts is that as shitty as he played, he was executing at the end of the game. Fkkking Reagor.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by bk View Post

Not sure about that. Didn't the giants score 0 points from those interceptions? All three? And didn't they have 2 touchdowns called back for non-Hurts related penalties? And two dropped touchdown receptions (Ward's and the final catch). There might have been one more.

Hurts played poorly. But to say he WAS the reason they lost misses the mark by a country mile.
      Now who is making excuses for the QB

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Hurts sucked but I have serious questions about the gameplan yesterday. They had established an identity as a run first team that was working and Sirianni decides to overthink it and switch things up. You can't tell me that Howie or Jeff didn't make the decision to feature Reagor when they passed. Hurts doesn't make that decision on his own. The kid follows the gameplan.

I don't want high draft picks used on a QB for next season. All the top prospects are projects and elite vet QBs are not coming to Philly. Hurts and Minshew can fight it out. Maybe throw a mid rounder in the mix. They need an edge rusher, a linebacker, a D-back and another WR. I get that Howie sucks at the draft. They still need to address those positions. Get a QB in 23.

It isn't pretty but this offense has proven to work when they leverage Hurts legs and the big O-line, run first and feature Smith and Goedert when they pass. You can't build the gameplan around Hurts passing.

One thing you gotta say for Hurts is that as shitty as he played, he was executing at the end of the game. Fkkking Reagor.
        Sirriani said Smith was the first look on the last play.. so much for sticking to the plan... Howie and Jeff must have went straight to Hurts and told him to make poor choices all day. There's no way Hurts could just be a guy who isn't good at playing QB. There's only like 3-4 years of college tape and now a full season (16 games) in the NFL. It can't be that he just doesn't see the field and gets the ball out incredibly late on a regular basis. Conspiracy theory is way more logical.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

Sirriani said Smith was the first look on the last play.. so much for sticking to the plan... Howie and Jeff must have went straight to Hurts and told him to make poor choices all day. There's no way Hurts could just be a guy who isn't good at playing QB. There's only like 3-4 years of college tape and now a full season (16 games) in the NFL. It can't be that he just doesn't see the field and gets the ball out incredibly late on a regular basis. Conspiracy theory is way more logical.
          I'M NOT SURE IF YOUR PULLIN OUR CHAIN OR SERIOUS.. DAMNIT.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

I'M NOT SURE IF YOUR PULLIN OUR CHAIN OR SERIOUS.. DAMNIT.
            The post is sarcastic. Hurts stunk yesterday and some of the more extreme hurts humpers will make any excuse even going as far to say that the owner and gm decided reagors targets.

Comment

[QUOTE=Greenstealth;n1445098]

Sirriani said Smith was the first look on the last play.. so much for sticking to the plan... Howie and Jeff must have went straight to Hurts and told him to make poor choices all day. There's no way Hurts could just be a guy who isn't good at playing QB. There's only like 3-4 years of college tape and now a full season (16 games) in the NFL. It can't be that he just doesn't see the field and gets the ball out incredibly late on a regular basis. Conspiracy theory is way more logical.[/QU
              Last edited by thegodfather; 11-29-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

The post is sarcastic. Hurts stunk yesterday and some of the more extreme hurts humpers will make any excuse even going as far to say that the owner and gm decided reagors targets.
                Sorry I did not see the sarcastic

Comment

It's tragic that Wentz broke your little hearts. I hope that you find a new love some day.

Comment

I know that most of the fan base has no idea what they are talking about and form their opinions based upon the narrative pushed by the media but the first two picks weren't even Hurts' fault. There was interference on both of them but the officials weren't calling anything on the Giants because Dallas lost so they needed another loss for the Eagles. In addition, people are saying that they threw too much but that's because Sanders sucks so they were in longer down and distance situations which is why he was basically benched for Scott in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Lar6767 View Post
                      I know that most of the fan base has no idea what they are talking about and form their opinions based upon the narrative pushed by the media but the first two picks weren't even Hurts' fault. There was interference on both of them but the officials weren't calling anything on the Giants because Dallas lost so they needed another loss for the Eagles. In addition, people are saying that they threw too much but that's because Sanders sucks so they were in longer down and distance situations which is why he was basically benched for Scott in the second half.
                      Oh I see so hurts actually had a good game? Wow how could I have missed that. If it weren’t for sanders, the refs and a Dallas loss, hurts would’ve thrown for 4 tds and 300+ yards. I see now…

You know that most of the fan base has no idea blah blah blah! You are a complete fuckin idiot. A special kind of stupid that’s not so rare anymore these days. And who gives a shit what u think, u only come and post when your rams lose. Fuck off clown

Comment

Originally posted by Lar6767 View Post
                        YOU JUST DID THE SAME THING SOME WENTZ FANS SAY ABOUT HIM....IT WASNT HIS FAULT. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT, THE LEAGUE WANTS THIS, THE OWNERS WANT THAT....
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I've heard a lot of people suggest that Howie and Lurie were behind a decision to throw more, and specifically to throw to Reagor.

The Eagles opened with 10 passes and 6 runs on Sunday. That will happen when they get behind the sticks. I have no problem with throwing on 2nd and long or 3rd and 5. Over the next 41 plays, the Eagles called 27 runs and 14 passes. Then they had to throw on the final 8 plays. They still finished with more runs than passes, while rushing for over 200 yards.

I hated the play calling to end the first half. But the game plan didn't change from the past few weeks. The run-pass ratio was closer to 50/50 than 67/33 because Hurts was awful when he was asked to throw, and because they didn't score a defensive TD to put the game out of reach.

As far as throwing to Reagor goes, they have 2 1st round picks at WR. I don't think the FO was behind a decision to get the ball to the one that they have less invested in, and who sucks.
                          Last edited by art vandelay; 11-30-2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            As far as throwing to Reagor goes, they have 2 1st round picks at WR. I don't think the FO was behind a decision to get the ball to the one that they have less invested in, and who sucks.
                            Reagor got more targets Sunday than in the three previous weeks combined. Maybe Howie wanted to see more Reagor. Maybe Sirianni was trying to mix up his tendencies. Maybe Hurts wanted to involve Reagor. Maybe it was just random. Whatever the case it was notable.

Wish they would have stuck with the game plan that worked the last two weeks and come out running the ball.

Comment

Reagor got more targets Sunday than in the three previous weeks combined. Maybe Howie wanted to see more Reagor. Maybe Sirianni was trying to mix up his tendencies. Maybe Hurts wanted to involve Reagor. Maybe it was just random. Whatever the case it was notable.

Wish they would have stuck with the game plan that worked the last two weeks and come out running the ball.

Really my point is that they did stick with the game plan that worked the past two weeks. Against Denver, they actually threw more than they passed in the first half. On Sunday, they ran the ball 58% of the time going into the last drive. The only difference the prior two weeks was that, since Hurts actually played well early (and with the help of some defensive TDs), they could take the ball out of his hands for the entire second half. They ran the ball plenty against the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Really my point is that they did stick with the game plan that worked the past two weeks. Against Denver, they actually threw more than they passed in the first half. On Sunday, they ran the ball 58% of the time going into the last drive. The only difference the prior two weeks was that, since Hurts actually played well early (and with the help of some defensive TDs), they could take the ball out of his hands for the entire second half. They ran the ball plenty against the Giants.
                                They came out passing for some dumb reason then correctly switched to the running game when that didn't work. Should have been running from the start. Still could have won without the Scott fumble and Reagor drops.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-g...-daniel-jones/

Comment

Working...
                                X