Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac Jones went 2-3 with 19 yards and the Patriots won.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Jones went 2-3 with 19 yards and the Patriots won.

Don't tell me that a passing game is necessary.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Can’t tell if this a troll post!

Comment

The Bills threw thirty times.

I get the weather was a factor but this wasn't the first bad weather game in the NFL. The Eagles would have won this game with Jalen Hurts. Times change.

You can be ahead of the curve or behind it.

Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Times have always changed. I don’t think we will ever go back to the 70’s but defenses now are built for 7 on 7 drills. Edge rushers, cover LB’s and DB’s. It makes sense to run until things get back into balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          The Bills threw thirty times.

I get the weather was a factor but this wasn't the first bad weather game in the NFL. The Eagles would have won this game with Jalen Hurts. Times change.

You can be ahead of the curve or behind it.

A factor? The wind blew the opening kick into the stands and the first punt into the wind went 15 yards.

3 pass attempts in a game is the fewest since 1974. It was fine for a one-off game in bad weather. Good luck winning a lot of games that way.

Just look at the final 4 teams in last year’s playoffs. The teams that are ahead of the curve throw the ball. A team that doesn’t pass well can win the SB a couple of times a decade.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 12-07-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

The daughter of the secretary who sits outside my office is best friends with the daughter of the Bills’ offensive coordinator. The secretary told me that her daughter said the OC’s daughter would be in a bad mood today from all the stuff on social media. I said she should be, he called a terrible game last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
              Don't tell me that a passing game is necessary.
              The Bills running backs suck. As an impartial observer I’ve known they’ve sucked since Shady left. They knew they needed an upgrade in the off-season but they didn’t. They figured you pass to win so you don’t really need to run. Now teams play two high safeties against them because they have no run threat and the downfield throws aren’t there anymore. I haven’t seen a running back hit the hole with less force and velocity than Devin Singletary does since Tony Hunt was an Eagle.
              Last edited by RSE; 12-07-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

One game in horrible weather does not set the new curve. In general I agree with the nerds who get paid to tell teams that a pass first offense is more likely to win games.

On the flip side I think it is hard to analyze and account for things that a successful run game can create - such as a rested and energized defense, a tired/beat up opposing defense, and if the opposing offense is getting less TOP and opportunities maybe they start to get off rhythm and desperate.

Comment

the funny thing is; if anyone thinks they can beat the Chiefs in a meaningful game passing it 3 times they are high! NE will be a one and done Bi week or not.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Trent, nobody thinks the Patriots can defeat the Chiefs throwing only three times. Not even Bill Belicheck.

Comment

Working...
                    X