F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1

Any fans on the bored? First time since the 70s where the last race of the season will decide who is champion. Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen in a dead tie in drivers standings. Nothing against Hamilton but it damn sure makes it interesting to watch when the championship isn't practically wrapped up in September.
    "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

KINDA KEPT ONE EYE ON IT YEARS AGO, BUT NOT RECENTLY.
    SHOULD BE FUN WATCHING WITH THEM BEING TIED UP.
    USUALLY WITH ANY KIND OF AUTOSPORTS, ONE DRIVER HAS A PRETTY GOOD LEAD, AND THINGS NEED TO GO HORRIBLY WRONG FOR THEM TO LOSE THE TROPHY.
    MORE INTO DIRT CARS, SPRINTS AND MODIFIEDS.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-10-2021, 06:04 PM.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

When Hamilton got caught during the last safety car on hard tires he was f'd. Shame for it to end that way, he had no chance.
      DB

Comment

It really does suck for both Verstappen and Hamilton, and arguably the sport as a whole that what was otherwise one of the most exciting seasons in years comes to an end mired in controversy. Lots of "Max is champion for now" floating around the F1 world. I'm still kinda new to it all so I don't know much about all the rules but there's a shit ton of buzz around the decision to let the lapped cars between Max and Lewis go ahead of the safety car and circle back around to the back of the field. Don't know what the rules say about something as consequential as basically getting rid of all the traffic between P1 and P2. Either way it was a nail biter of a race and let's not forget how huge Max's teammate Perez was in holding Hamilton off. Crazy end to an exciting year.
        Last edited by BirdsInNC; 12-12-2021, 05:02 PM.
        "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
          It really does suck for both Verstappen and Max, and arguably the sport as a whole that what was otherwise one of the most exciting seasons in years comes to an end mired in controversy. Lots of "Max is champion for now" floating around the F1 world. I'm still kinda new to it all so I don't know much about all the rules but there's a shit ton of buzz around the decision to let the lapped cars between Max and Lewis go ahead of the safety car and circle back around to the back of the field. Don't know what the rules say about something as consequential as basically getting rid of all the traffic between P1 and P2. Either way it was a nail biter of a race and let's not forget how huge Max's teammate Perez was in holding Hamilton off. Crazy end to an exciting year.
          Rule says that all of the lapped cars should reset before the restart. I think, at first, the race official decided to have none reset. Verstappen complained and, oddly, the result was having only 5 lapped cars reset. Hamilton says, in practice, it gave Verstappen an easier ride. There was also an issue with Verstappen allegedly just slightly passing Hamilton prior to the restart which is also illegal. And all of that is in addition to the controversy on the first lap. What a mess and it would be a real shame IMO to change the result at this point.

Dimmy is right though, Hamilton was toast because of his tires.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

Rule says that all of the lapped cars should reset before the restart. I think, at first, the race official decided to have none reset. Verstappen complained and, oddly, the result was having only 5 lapped cars reset. Hamilton says, in practice, it gave Verstappen an easier ride. There was also an issue with Verstappen allegedly just slightly passing Hamilton prior to the restart which is also illegal. And all of that is in addition to the controversy on the first lap. What a mess and it would be a real shame IMO to change the result at this point.

Dimmy is right though, Hamilton was toast because of his tires.
            You over the Wisconsin game yet? I'm not either.
            DB

Comment

I'm like DSG love me some dirt racing. I live in sprint car heavin in central PA. I still don't understand what i watched this morning in f1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

You over the Wisconsin game yet? I'm not either.
                Terrible. The Rutgers win over Purdue made me feel better though.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                X