Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to think Hurts is who we thought he was

A back up QB lol

He held the ball for a lifetime on that fumble. Didn't folks kill He-who-shall-not-be-named for doing the same thing?

Comment

Wentz = Hurts = NEW QB

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
        A back up QB lol
        He's been fine except for that play. Hasn't missed a pass.

Horrible drop/fumble by Ertz.
        Lousy coverage by Slay.
        Two really stupid penalities.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Perfect example of a non throwing QB, he throws into double coverage in the back of the end zone, when Gainwell was standing all alone 1 yard in the end zone because his guy covered Smith instead. Hurts did not even look at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

He's been fine except for that play. Hasn't missed a pass.

Horrible drop/fumble by Ertz.
            Lousy coverage by Slay.
            Two really stupid penalities.
            Yeah he's awesome.

Comment

He's way better than Minshew. Work to do on reading the field and pocket presence. Gotta quit locking in on the first read so much and throwing into double coverage. That stuff is fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                He's way better than Minshew. Work to do on reading the field and pocket presence. Gotta quit locking in on the first read so much and throwing into double coverage. That stuff is fixable.
                How so? What makes him "way better"?

Comment

Physical skills.

Comment

That sack was awful. I don't think Minshew gets himself into that situation. Maybe Minshew throws to Gainwell on that 3rd and goal. But for the most part, after that sack-fumble, Hurts has done a very good job. He SHOULD be a good QB for the 2nd half in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      That sack was awful. I don't think Minshew gets himself into that situation. Maybe Minshew throws to Gainwell on that 3rd and goal. But for the most part, after that sack-fumble, Hurts has done a very good job. He SHOULD be a good QB for the 2nd half in the rain.
                      The sack didn’t bother me. The fumble did.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

The sack didn’t bother me. The fumble did.
                        It should bother you.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL/s...989737984?s=20

Gainwell was WIDE open for a 1st down on that sack-fumble. Every QB misses throws, it just looks bad considering Hurts's history of not pulling the trigger, bailing on empty pockets, etc.

Can't ask for anything more than what he did after that though. I don't think there's a QB controversy at this point, if there ever was one.

Comment

He has got better, but he does not see the field, he looks at one maybe 2 receivers and that is it, either throws into coverage or runs. He had guys open he did not even look at. But he may get better at that as time goes on. Coach yelled at him on camera last night not sure who saw it so he is not pulling punches with him or babying him.

Comment

I think it is true that Hurts has a lot to improve as far as finding the open receiver - but also encouraged if Sirianni's play calls are leading to open receivers on every play the way people are saying.

A lot of the Wentz defenders spoke of WRs never being open/getting separation, which is interesting to me since I think he also struggles reading the defense and finding the open guy but I guess it was easier to blame the WRs and coach(who won a Super Bowl).

Comment

Working...
                              X