Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIDE open Goedert

Hurts has to see that.

Half of those plays that look wide open are out of context. They play has already been run to another player.

Comment

Except that context didn't apply on that particular play. The coverage busted and the qb doesn't know what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
        Half of those plays that look wide open are out of context. They play has already been run to another player.
        This play was not part of that half

https://twitter.com/76Iggles/status/...310220291?s=20

Comment

Plus the decision he did make(over the middle in traffic to a WR 3 yards short of the EZ) had a very low chance of success. Even if Goedert wasn’t wide open I’d have rather Hurts extend the play

Comment

I guess he was wide open. Just trying to send the kid a lifeline.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
              I guess he was wide open. Just trying to send the kid a lifeline.
              why are so many people giving this kid a free pass? Our run game has been way better do to his natural ability to run the ball. Eventually, teams will figure out how to stop the run and Hurts not being able to read a defense and his poor throwing game will bring everyone back down to reality. Cam, which Hurts is not, was the same. Had success because of his legs but his passing sucked except for 1 year he was the MVP. This has always been the knock on a run first QB. You better be able to throw and create with your legs not vice versa or your NFL career will be short lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

why are so many people giving this kid a free pass? Our run game has been way better do to his natural ability to run the ball. Eventually, teams will figure out how to stop the run and Hurts not being able to read a defense and his poor throwing game will bring everyone back down to reality. Cam, which Hurts is not, was the same. Had success because of his legs but his passing sucked except for 1 year he was the MVP. This has always been the knock on a run first QB. You better be able to throw and create with your legs not vice versa or your NFL career will be short lived.

it would make life so much easier if he could be the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Free pass? Not at all, but you already passed judgment on Hurts already. Not enough evidence yet, he is young and inexperienced. Give the kid some time, and I guess you don't think the short week has anything to do with it?
                  The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

Free pass? Not at all, but you already passed judgment on Hurts already. Not enough evidence yet, he is young and inexperienced. Give the kid some time, and I guess you don't think the short week has anything to do with it?
                    A short week is no excuse for this.

Anyway, let’s enjoy what we can of this game. We’ll have plenty to speculate on after next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

He's played enough games to formulate an opinion of his style of play. Sure the short week plays a role but let's not pretend this stat line, turnover issues and offensive read mistakes are an anomily when throwing the ball. We have seen many of these types of stats and games. Can he grow, sure. Will he ever be a great pocket passer, I have major doubts. Even his bomb today to Watkins was underthrown. He is the definition of noodle arm. No power at all. But I will say this, he is a gamer, has a chip on his shoulder, never quits and it seems like the team plays hard for him. Those are I tangibles that leaders can't be taught.

​​​
                      ​​​​​​
                      Last edited by Spartan92; 12-26-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X