This defense goes through spells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This defense goes through spells

Where they are just doing cardio out there. It's wild. Still can't wrap my head around Zach Wilson chopping them up in the first half.

It's maddening to put it mildly.

Comment

Agree. The current spell has been in place since the beginning of the 2020 season.
      DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
        Agree. The current spell has been in place since the beginning of the 2020 season.
        I disagree. They clamp down bad qbs for extended periods but there's no consistency to any of it. Jekyll and Hyde

Comment

It’s true. Look great playing practice squad QB’s.

Comment

Pitched a shutout in the second half

Comment

It's unbelivable that this D has not given up more that 20 pts in each of the last 5 games..That hasn't happened since the 89 Buddy Ryans D

Comment

It looks like whatever game plan they draw up before the game doesn't work, and then they adjust and play much better. They will likely get into the playoffs, but they will be one and done. I still think that makes this year a success, no one expected them to be even close to the playoffs, let alone get into them. Sirianni better than I expected, starting 2-5 and the going 7-2 is a sign that he got better as the season progressed, and the same goes for Hurts. After a dismal start, the back half of the season has been rather entertaining.
                The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  It looks like whatever game plan they draw up before the game doesn't work, and then they adjust and play much better. They will likely get into the playoffs, but they will be one and done. I still think that makes this year a success, no one expected them to be even close to the playoffs, let alone get into them. Sirianni better than I expected, starting 2-5 and the going 7-2 is a sign that he got better as the season progressed, and the same goes for Hurts. After a dismal start, the back half of the season has been rather entertaining.
                  would hope with experience the original game plans would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    Any team is going to look better against the teams they ended up playing. They won the games they deserve the credit but if you told me on opening day that The corpse of Matt Ryan would be the best QB they beat and they would make the playoffs, I'd be dumbfounded.

Comment

IMO the bitching about Gannon has always been overboard. It’s just a waste of time for fans to sit around complaining about a lack of blitzing.

That being said it seemed like WFT did this defense a favor every time they ran the ball today.
                      Last edited by art vandelay; 01-02-2022, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        IMO the bitching about Gannon has always been overboard. It’s just a waste of time for fans to sit around complaining about a lack of blitzing.

That being said it seemed like WFT did this defense a favor every time they ran the ball today.
                        But it's not just the lack of blitzing that's baffling and so damn frustrating. It's the complete lack of even attempting to disguise coverages...no movement...nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post

But it's not just the lack of blitzing that's baffling and so damn frustrating. It's the complete lack of even attempting to disguise coverages...no movement...nothing.
                          Yeah I'd put that in the same boat. When they've mostly faced bad QBs and rank 5th in yards allowed, I think complaints about scheme are a waste of time.
                          Last edited by art vandelay; 01-03-2022, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X