Sold on Sirianni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold on Sirianni?

There are three coaches in Eagles history that have taken the team to the playoffs in their first year.

Ray Rhodes
    Chip Kelly
    Nick Sirianni

Didn't work out too well for the first two coaches, the following year their teams stank. In weather reporting they say "the trend is your friend."

DB

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    There are three coaches in Eagles history that have taken the team to the playoffs in their first year.

Ray Rhodes
    Chip Kelly
    Nick Sirianni

Didn't work out too well for the first two coaches, the following year their teams stank. In weather reporting they say "the trend is your friend."
    Now I see why you are a lawyer. That’s a hell of a case.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

Now I see why you are a lawyer. That’s a hell of a case.
      If the trend is your friend, and the best boat is a friend’s boat, then is there a good chance that the best boat is the trend?

Comment

I'm not sold on any of it. Howie is getting credit for accelerating the rebuild etc. I'm glad they made the playoffs. The way the schedule played out was a massive benefit to them. Outside of their ability to run the ball, they don't do anything well at all. If they beat the Giants in nj I'm pretty sure we'd be watching a matchup on Saturday for the division (I could be wrong). I'm taking the playoffs with no expectations other than the defense will probably not give the offense a chance because it's been shredded by good qbs all year. Good job this year. Hopefully they continue to grow.

Comment

Count me in as not sold.

Comment

If the trend is your friend, and the best boat is a friend’s boat, then is there a good chance that the best boat is the trend?
            DOES THE BOAT HAVE A LITTLE MAN IN IT?
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Any port in a storm.

DB

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                I'm not sold on any of it. Howie is getting credit for accelerating the rebuild etc. I'm glad they made the playoffs. The way the schedule played out was a massive benefit to them. Outside of their ability to run the ball, they don't do anything well at all. If they beat the Giants in nj I'm pretty sure we'd be watching a matchup on Saturday for the division (I could be wrong). I'm taking the playoffs with no expectations other than the defense will probably not give the offense a chance because it's been shredded by good qbs all year. Good job this year. Hopefully they continue to grow.
                Level of agreement: 100%
                DB

Comment

After Doug was fired after winning the franchises first super bowl I don’t think long term anymore. The nfl, and sports in general, have become one year soap operas that can blow up at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post

Any port in a storm.

And not just port wine.

Comment

I'm not saying he'll win a Super Bowl or anything, but he had a good first year. I thought the complaints about him early in the season were overblown since, IMO, they were obviously more interested in finding out what they had in Hurts than they were in winning. Kind of interesting that they basically stumbled upon a rushing offense that was too effective to stay away from.

Comment

Working...
                      X